• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Went to Di Lisio's italian on Brookstown in WS (old Screaming Rooster location) this weekend and thought it was very good. Also enjoyed The Hive coffee shop (I think that is the name) next door.

Ate at the new Hickory Tavernon Stratford and was underwhelmed. I was expecting something closer to Village Tavern food-wise with more tvs. Good game day setup, but my food was pretty average.

Ate at the new Hickory Tavernon Stratford and was underwhelmed. I was expecting something closer to Village Tavern food-wise with more tvs. Good game day setup, but my food was pretty average.

Good beer selection though. Maybe the best in W-S.

Anyone tried Iron Hen in GSO? We're thinking about giving it a shot tomorrow.

It's a notch below VT in food quality, but better that most sports bars. There has been a fly problem there both times I've been, which is really annoying. They just leave the paio doors open b/c the waitresses have to go back a forth so much. Hopefully they will remedy this before football season.

Good beer selection though. Maybe the best in W-S.

Anyone tried Iron Hen in GSO? We're thinking about giving it a shot tomorrow.

I really want to love iron hen. I love the all local concept, but the one time I went there I was underwhelmed. It was one off e first weeks they were open an a lot of my friends rave about it, so it may have found itself.

I have been to iron hen twice and thought it was excellent both times. My wife says the black bean burger is the best in the city.

yep. especially since the seafood he's eating was almost certainly not caught in the water he's looking at.

With the exception of lobster, salmon and other fish not caught locally, you are incorrect. I'm not buying seafood unless it's locally sourced. Not being snooty, just picky about fresh seafood. I grew up fishing every weekend - if I don't know it's fresh, I'm not gonna bother paying $$$ for it.

Iron Hen was pretty great. I had the black bean burger. Wife had the goat cheese salad and liked it better than Mozelle's.

Anyone heard anything about the new restaurant that opened up next to camino downtown? Can't remember the name.

Do posters ever get together for lunch like the CTCB back in the day?

Every time I have a meeting at IQ or WFIRM, I try to meet up with getsome, but it never works out, they keep y'all too busy over there.

I meet Mrs. LK for lunch on the reg, have had a few AWAR lunches, but other than that, if posters meet for lunch, I am left out :panda:

Every time I have a meeting at IQ or WFIRM, I try to meet up with getsome, but it never works out, they keep y'all too busy over there.

I meet Mrs. LK for lunch on the reg, have had a few AWAR lunches, but other than that, if posters meet for lunch, I am left out :panda:

Please let me know if there is a group headed to lunch downtown, if she is not to busy, I'll grab OSDToy and we will try and meet up. I am looking forward to walking to lunch downtown whenever I can.

Back