• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Can't believe no one has mentioned 1618 Seafood Grille in GSO. Best dinner restaurant in town. Just started serving Sunday brunch back in the fall and it is awesome as well.

That's a good one too. Someone else mentioned Table 16, which is fantastic.

1618 is great, I'll also add in Mythos Grille for cheap and delicious Greek and Salvino's for italian in Greensboro.

For the tagger - Bibs definitely doesn't suck; It's actually quite good for a multi-regional restaurant. I might be a cheap youngish dude with low-ish tastes (for this board), but i've had some of the best barbecue from all over the country. I would recommend Bib's to any out of towner who didn't want Lexington style.

For the tagger - Bibs definitely doesn't suck; It's actually quite good for a multi-regional restaurant. I might be a cheap youngish dude with low-ish tastes (for this board), but i've had some of the best barbecue from all over the country. I would recommend Bib's to any out of towner who didn't want Lexington style.

Their brisket is the best I've had in NC.

Lox Stocks and Bagel has a sister restaurant called Carolina Deli on Spring Garden right next to the CVS/Jacks Corner. Same menu.

Lox Stocks and Bagel has a sister restaurant called Carolina Deli on Spring Garden right next to the CVS/Jacks Corner. Same menu.

I have major beef with Lox Stocks and Bagel, namely that their name has "bagel" in it and they aren't open for breakfast. When I moved to Gboro, I thought "great, a bagel place." Went to pick some up on a Saturday morning and :rulz:

Haha really? Guess I could just walk over there sometime soon.

I have major beef with Lox Stocks and Bagel, namely that their name has "bagel" in it and they aren't open for breakfast. When I moved to Gboro, I thought "great, a bagel place." Went to pick some up on a Saturday morning and :rulz:

Wait, really? I was assuming I could get bagel and lox there?!

I haven't seen O'So mentioned in WS. I've never had anything bad there. It does bum me out that they don't have the brie burger listed at dinner because that is a good burger.

Is that why the frogs are so thick in that area these days?

Haha really? Guess I could just walk over there sometime soon.

Wait, really? I was assuming I could get bagel and lox there?!

You can. They are just not open on Sundays. But I thought it would be more bagel focused than it appears to be.

They open at 10...that seems like a breakfasty time

Also, I would not recommend the bagels at all. It is a sandwich place, with incredible sandwiches. If you don't get a sandwich you are doing something wrong. They got their name a lot more on point with their sister location.

Probably not going to bother with Lox, Stock, and Bagel when the other one is so close.

some of my favorites

CLT
Breakfast: Toast
Lunch: Price's Chicken Coop
Dinner (cheap): Chubz Chiliburgers
Dinner (expensive): Fig Tree

W-S
Breakfast: Midtown
Lunch: Carving Board
Dinner (cheap): TJ's Deli/Putters
Dinner (expensive): Nobles

I haven't seen O'So mentioned in WS. I've never had anything bad there. It does bum me out that they don't have the brie burger listed at dinner because that is a good burger.

O'So is very good, especially for the price.

Breakfast: Midtown

I never got the Midtown love. Outside of deserts, the food isn't much better than IHOP, but the prices are higher.

Breakfast of Course is awesome though.

Back