• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Cha Da Thai on Jonestown is awesome. Not the best service, but their food has never disappointed.

I recently tried out Guadalajara on Peters Creek and would go back. Very authentic style, great sauces.

I never got the Midtown love. Outside of deserts, the food isn't much better than IHOP, but the prices are higher.

Breakfast of Course is awesome though.

I'm kinda with you on the Midtown thing, didn't seem all that special.

Mary's hasn't been as great lately, but that mostly has to do with the super long waits and generally incompetent hosting/seating that's been an issue the last few times I've gone.

Cha Da Thai on Jonestown is awesome. Not the best service, but their food has never disappointed.

I recently tried out Guadalajara on Peters Creek and would go back. Very authentic style, great sauces.

Agree on both. Guadalajara is my go-to for Mexican these days in Winston.

BOC is awesome when nobody is in there. That coffee is crazy good.

BOC is awesome when nobody is in there. That coffee is crazy good.

Mozelle's has the best brunch in Winston now imo. But don't tell anyone, I don't want my spot blowing up. Dat Huevos Rancheros..

Mozelle's has the best brunch in Winston now imo. But don't tell anyone, I don't want my spot blowing up. Dat Huevos Rancheros..

oh, weekend brunch is a crapshoot, those places are always jammed

oh, weekend brunch is a crapshoot, those places are always jammed

Shieeet I got into Mozelle's with a zero minute wait and a party of 6 a couple Sunday's ago. It was awesome.

I don't mind waiting at Mary's usually, but lately they've seemed to have a lot of communications issues/calling names out properly/getting people off the list in the correct order/etc.

Anybody remember Dottie's Diner? Good times.

I never got the Midtown love. Outside of deserts, the food isn't much better than IHOP, but the prices are higher.

Breakfast of Course is awesome though.

dat french toast at midtown doe

Good to know about Finnigan's, will have to remember that. After we hit up the Dame's in GSO, of course

Had brunch at mccoul's over the weekend. Their grits were amazeballs.

We should change this thread title to "White People Talkin Bout Brunch"

The venerable TJ's Deli on Country Club has added an ice cream parlor next door. Lots of places within a short drive of them already offer ice cream (Alex's Grill in Lewisville, Time to Eat and the forthcoming Dairy-O in Clemmons) so I assume it's a way to try and keep up with those folks. Had some tonight, pretty good stuff. The ice cream is in the storefront that was a place that sold blinds, and you can access it straight through what was the eastern wall of TJs.

I feel like I only ate at chains during my time at Wake. IHOP, Bennigan's, Daryl's...I was lame.

Back