• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I feel like I only ate at chains during my time at Wake. IHOP, Bennigan's, Daryl's...I was lame.

I know it was a cheesy fern filled chain restaurant but I miss the Monte Cristo Sandwich from Bennigan's so much. It was awesome.

Went to Salvinos last night. On Battleground in strip mall beside Longhorn. Great Italian restaurant. Would highly recommend.

I have major beef with Lox Stocks and Bagel, namely that their name has "bagel" in it and they aren't open for breakfast. When I moved to Gboro, I thought "great, a bagel place." Went to pick some up on a Saturday morning and :rulz:

zOMG LSB is sooooooooo MONTE. The Emerson is my jam but you can't go wrong AND they have beer

Last night I went to Dion (Chef Dion Sprenkle) in Lexington... surprisingly good for a restaurant out in the boonies, and really good prices too.

Got a 3 course special for $20 which had a starter of gnocchi in pesto, entree of salmon with roasted veggies and potatoes, and dessert of fresh local strawberries and whipped cream. There were 2 options for each course and the others were heirloom tomato gazpacho with shrimp, half roast chicken with truffle mashed potatoes, and german chocolate cake.

It's a dry county so BYOB with a small fee. Check it out if you're willing to drive a little bit for dinner!

For burgers in WS you need to go to camel city grill. PBB&J burger is life-changing

I was skeptical because I am a cynical person and when too many people rave about something I tend to think they just want to seem trendy, but that said, I got this bad boy a few weeks ago and it was damn good. The melting peanut butter and the jelly with a little kick actually works great on a burger.

I was skeptical because I am a cynical person and when too many people rave about something I tend to think they just want to seem trendy, but that said, I got this bad boy a few weeks ago and it was damn good. The melting peanut butter and the jelly with a little kick actually works great on a burger.

what's the extra "B" for?

The Screaming Rooster was amazing for breakfast and brunch, but it looks like it closed in September. That's a bummer.

Last night I went to Dion (Chef Dion Sprenkle) in Lexington... surprisingly good for a restaurant out in the boonies, and really good prices too.

Got a 3 course special for $20 which had a starter of gnocchi in pesto, entree of salmon with roasted veggies and potatoes, and dessert of fresh local strawberries and whipped cream. There were 2 options for each course and the others were heirloom tomato gazpacho with shrimp, half roast chicken with truffle mashed potatoes, and german chocolate cake.

It's a dry county so BYOB with a small fee. Check it out if you're willing to drive a little bit for dinner!

I honestly didn't think there was such a thing anymore as a dry county.

Any good non-chain burrito places in the Triad? Looking to branch away from Qdoba and the like.

Also bandito burrito food truck. Just ate there again today and it was so freaking good again.

I like Fishbones in GSO, good fish tacos and overall menu. That said do not order their shrimp and grits. Just not a good interpretation of the dish at all.

I have to say that Emma Keys has jumped the shark for me. Still tasty, but very pricey for what you get and the service has gotten super slow lately. Hops has taken over first place on my burger list.

Have only been to Mad Hatter once, but I thought it was very good and the service was very fast. Will be returning.

I have to say that Emma Keys has jumped the shark for me. Still tasty, but very pricey for what you get and the service has gotten super slow lately. Hops has taken over first place on my burger list.

Have only been to Mad Hatter once, but I thought it was very good and the service was very fast. Will be returning.

yMURCbu.jpg

Emma Keys - Better burgers
Hops - Better fries and beer
Mad Hatter - Meh

MEXICO on hill st is da bomb. Strangely they had monte sweet tea

Note: this and all my other sweet gboro food reviews are from perspective of idiot 17 yr old hs kid circa 2004

Last edited:
Back