• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Hops is worthy of the attention it receives. I always thought BBS was fine, but never a place I yearned to revisit.

BBS was underwhelming, but still pretty good, the first time I went there. But I have been back and it has been better each time. I love Hops and need to give Emma Keys another try. The one time I went there, it was good but not good enough to make an effort to return.

New joint in the hood of East W-S. Las Delicias Antojitos. A walk-up Hispanic food place. Street tacos, empanadas, pupusas, tortas and all the rest. Not expensive and pretty damn tasty.

1521 East 5th street...across the street from the ESR complex near MLK.

Tried this place today. Loved it. I will be returning very, very soon.

Went to Tre Nonnes for Sunday lunch today. They don't serve lunch on Sundays, so we had dinner entrees. The prices were decent, 14-21$. I got the spaghetti and meatballs and my wife got the rotini vodka. Both of our sauces were bland, and it looked like they just threw a handful of oregano on everything for decoration. My meatballs were decent, well cooked but still bland. Both of our pastas were al dente. The complimentary bread wasn't even great. We got the deconstructed canoli for dessert and it was just ok. I always root for local businesses to succeed, but I wouldn't recommend Tres Nonnes based on my experience. I will say that our service was very good, but we were also the only people in the restaurant.

How the weekend crowd at Melt?

I've never seen it too crowded, but it's a small place. May have to wait a little at a peak time or just sit at the bar. I think they also close relatively early (9ish maybe) at least during the week, not sure about weekend.

My bro who is a srs foodie swears by the one in that big office building between Guilford College and Dolley Madison. Blanking on the name tho.

Was gonna suggest the place on Healey Drive in Winston.

Captain Chen's is in brass field, so maybe that's the one your drunk friend was endorsing. May give a try this weekend, if I do will report back

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ended up in Elon for a big sale at the ski shop over there. Ate at Simply Thai. It was really good. Barely qualifies as the triad but worth trying if you're over there. Great ski shop too (C&R Outdoors).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Haven't been yet, but the only distraction in my fb feed from politics this week have been people raving about Slappy's Chicken. They're in the old Acadia Grill at the corner of Acadia & Broad. They dip their chicken, but not Nashville hot, more sweet & spicy. Homemade sides and prices look reasonable. I'll be going soon.

Their Facebook page/

My bro who is a srs foodie swears by the one in that big office building between Guilford College and Dolley Madison. Blanking on the name tho.

Chinese Kitchen in Quaker Village? That is where I would suggest.

Back