• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Don't you have enough babies?

But sounds like it's a must have.

Did Melt last night. It was very good, but the fries were over salted. It's a long haul for me, so I'll probably only go back if I'm in the area.

OFY

Dewey’s adds ice cream blends

Dewey’s has added 12 new ice cream flavors inspired by Dewey’s baked goods.

Dewey’s Bakery Blends ice cream is available at Dewey’s Bakery locations at Thruway Center and Reynolda Manor Shopping Center. They are sold by the cone or cup, and in hand-packed pints and quarts.

“We picked out our most incredible baked goods like Red Velvet Cake, Oatmeal Sandwiches and our local favorite Moravian Sugar Cake. These traditional Dewey’s treats became the key ingredients for Bakery Blends, our new small batch ice creams,” said Scott Livengood, owner and CEO. “Our ice cream is fresh-churned, and we fold in pieces of cake, cookies and other treats until we have a 50-50 ratio of ice cream to baked good.”

Other flavors include Banana Pudding Ice Cream with vanilla wafers, Carrot Cake Ice Cream with chunks of cake and cream-cheese icing and Pink Lemonade Cake Ice Cream with chunks of pink lemonade cake and lemon icing.

Went to Mac's Speed Shop a couple weekends ago. I thought it was pretty solid.

Their wings are the best in GSO, I think. Don't hold a candle to Waldo's though, imo.

I didn't care for their wings. They were OK, but would have been better smoked, then finished in the fryer IMO.

Their wings are the best in GSO, I think. Don't hold a candle to Waldo's though, imo.

This is good info, I think we are hitting up Mac's for a moms night out in a few weeks (going to see bad moms and then over to Macs)

we had a big sampler platter at Mac's a few weeks ago. The wings did not stand out in my mind, but I thought the ribs, chicken and pork were all real solid. The only downside was it was really crowded and some of the crowd was not family friendly. Most notably, the extremely drunk fellow who whipped it out and took a wiz on the patio in full view of the giant glass garage doors. I am sure that was an extreme outlier, but what the actual fuck?

I went to Mac's for the first time last week and thought it was pretty good. I had their Cuban.

Note: I ate there post-run, so my opinion is skewed by hunger.

I had the V Twin burger with pimento cheese, bacon and jalapenos added at Mac's.

Was just at Quiet Pint tonight and there was a sign up for Cin Cin Burger Bar where the Waldo's is supposed to go. So... never?
I was there for lunch with RSF and TenaciousKory, noticed that as well

we had a big sampler platter at Mac's a few weeks ago. The wings did not stand out in my mind, but I thought the ribs, chicken and pork were all real solid. The only downside was it was really crowded and some of the crowd was not family friendly. Most notably, the extremely drunk fellow who whipped it out and took a wiz on the patio in full view of the giant glass garage doors. I am sure that was an extreme outlier, but what the actual fuck?

Tell me more.

Tell me more.

that's basically the whole story. Luckily my kids were sitting with their backs to the window. We didn't say anything to management, and apparently nobody else did either. The guy stayed out there drinking and was still there when we left.

It's a really cool building, nice upfit of an old industrial building. Highly recommend the ribs. Oh and there was brisket too, forgot to mention that. It was super solid. If it's your first time there with a group of ladies, can't go wrong with the sampler platter. It's a huge amount of food, probably 3 or 4 ladies could share it and still have leftovers. My wife and I did not get close to finishing it and I was hungry.

Went to Miami Cafe for the first time tonight, and thought it was quite tasty. I had ropa vieja, shredded steak in a nice sauce, with rice, beans, and tostones (twice fried green plantains). I'd like to go back and try the mofongo.

Back