• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Hops sucks. Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Hops sucks. Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Hops might be the most referenced restaurant in this thread.

Anyone been to hops burger bar in GSO? Heard it was good.

I've braved Hops during the ACC tourney in GSO and only had to wait 15 minutes or so. I've also been on occasion when I didn't have to wait at all. The burgers are worth the wait IMO. Crafted tacos is probably my favorite food in GSO though because I'm into that kind of thing. Good beer prices too.

Oh Hutch & Harris. What were you thinking?

Hutch & Harris Pub, a popular downtown Winston-Salem restaurant, has apologized for a Sept. 11 menu that some people called insensitive to the people who died in the terrorist attacks.

The menu, posted on the restaurant’s Facebook page on Sunday, the 15th anniversary of the attacks, offered selections such as “Memorial Quiche,” “Ladder 1 Mahi Mahi,” “Never Forget Omelet,” “World Trade Benedict” and “15 Year Burrito.”

http://www.journalnow.com/news/local/winston-salem-s-hutch-harris-apologizes-for-menu/article_e40e1381-8bc6-5fda-aa6d-124fd4a65dbd.html

At least there weren't any blackened items...
:couch:

The apology menu wasn't a smart move either. If a restaurant wants to memorialize 9/11, they should just give a discount to first responders or donate a portion of their profits on the day to an appropriate charity. Simple and effective.

ETA: nevermind... I looked at the menu and saw that the Mahi was indeed blackened. That is just a ridiculous mistake.

Headed back to Winston this weekend for the first time in a little over a year. Any new places I should check out?

If only there were a thread about new restaurants opening in the Triad that you could page back through.

No you're totally right. I probably should have read all 35 pages of posts from the past year rather than seeing if I could get a quick summary. My b

Actually, it might not be a bad idea to have the first post of this thread be alive. Can the Modes do that?

Throw BYM at the top?

I don't mind curating. I like going to Foothills, so I'm sure my opinion is shit. ;)

Back