Page 87 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3777828384858687888990919297137 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2907

Thread: Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

  1. #1721
    Cool. Hopefully the Ziggy's building next door will be put to good use as well in the near future.

  2. #1722
    Robert O'Kelley
    dot com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Posts
    7,219
    Camel City BBQ is already a solid anchor point for that corner of downtown.

    The craft beer business is catching on in the Piedmont Triad, with more than 15 local breweries in the area
    Had to really think about this one:
    Wise Man
    Foothills
    Hoots
    Small Batch
    Pig Pounder
    Natty Greene
    Preyer
    Gibb's
    Joymongers
    Brown Truck
    Liberty

    How far does the Piedmont spread?
    New Sarum?
    Red Oak?
    Haw River?
    Four Saints?

    That gets me to 15.

  3. #1723
    Quote Originally Posted by dot com View Post
    Camel City BBQ is already a solid anchor point for that corner of downtown.


    Had to really think about this one:
    Wise Man
    Foothills
    Hoots
    Small Batch
    Pig Pounder
    Natty Greene
    Preyer
    Gibb's
    Joymongers
    Brown Truck
    Liberty

    How far does the Piedmont spread?
    New Sarum?
    Red Oak?
    Haw River?
    Four Saints?

    That gets me to 15.
    I'm fine leaving Red Oak off the list.

    E: Saw it on the expanded. Red Oak is definitely in the Triad.

  4. #1724
    Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but Skippys buying the space next door and planning to open with a bigger dine in space, and a spot a couple places up from Foothills is apparently going to be a Dominoes. Seems odd for the location, but maybe there is a need for more pizza delivery downtown? Heard that piece from the tenant next door, not in print anywhere.

  5. #1725
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDeacon View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but Skippys buying the space next door and planning to open with a bigger dine in space, and a spot a couple places up from Foothills is apparently going to be a Dominoes. Seems odd for the location, but maybe there is a need for more pizza delivery downtown? Heard that piece from the tenant next door, not in print anywhere.
    Skippy's is coming back? That's great news. Is the owner doing better?

  6. #1726
    jon gruden's haircut smallbigtall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    nomnomnom
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    Skippy's is coming back? That's great news. Is the owner doing better?
    Mike sold the business and entrusted the new owners with his pretzel bun recipe

  7. #1727
    jon gruden's haircut smallbigtall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    nomnomnom
    Posts
    1,920
    Oh, and he does seem to be doing better yes, they keep posting stuff on Facebook, seems to be in good spirits and continues to get a lot of love from the community

  8. #1728
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDeacon View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but Skippys buying the space next door and planning to open with a bigger dine in space, and a spot a couple places up from Foothills is apparently going to be a Dominoes. Seems odd for the location, but maybe there is a need for more pizza delivery downtown? Heard that piece from the tenant next door, not in print anywhere.
    When I lived downtown dominos would not deliver there. Only Papa Johns.

  9. #1729
    Quote Originally Posted by smallbigtall View Post
    Mike sold the business and entrusted the new owners with his pretzel bun recipe
    Quote Originally Posted by smallbigtall View Post
    Oh, and he does seem to be doing better yes, they keep posting stuff on Facebook, seems to be in good spirits and continues to get a lot of love from the community
    wow that's awesome news on both fronts. skippy's is probs the place I miss most from my days in winston.

  10. #1730
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas33 View Post
    Southern Mediterranean Grill in Clemmons has closed it will be replaced with Breakfast time family house (same owners from breakfast time Peters Creek).
    The Breakfast Time sign that was up is now gone and there doesn't seem to be any work going on there now. Maybe Burke St Pizza will open up a location there!

  11. #1731
    Quote Originally Posted by deacfan78 View Post
    The Breakfast Time sign that was up is now gone and there doesn't seem to be any work going on there now. Maybe Burke St Pizza will open up a location there!
    Maybe the owner said he was targeting early 2017 to open.

    Linky


    The former owners of Southern Mediterranean Grill did much of the renovation to the building, which was formerly a Cozumel and Boston Market.
    Its like they did the upfit for me, Kazakos said.
    Still, there is work to be done to transform the space, he said. The industrial aesthetic in Southern Mediterranean Grill will be replaced with a rustic interior.
    Well add more country charm, he said.
    The Clemmons franchise should be open in early 2017, Kazakos said, adding that he likes to take his time opening new locations.

  12. #1732
    Anyone been to Bernardin's at Zevely House recently? I can't recall the last time I heard anyone talk about that place.

  13. #1733
    Haven't been since 2013, I think.

  14. #1734
    We went for Valentine's this year, it was good, not great

  15. #1735
    Zevely used to be one of my favs for a nice meal.

  16. #1736
    Punishingly Intricate
    DeacHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WINSTON-SALEM
    Posts
    8,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Anyone been to Bernardin's at Zevely House recently? I can't recall the last time I heard anyone talk about that place.
    went during restaurant week last spring. Really enjoyed it.

  17. #1737
    I'm biased but I think Spring House has the best burger in Winston. It's only available on Monday nights but it's damned good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #1738
    Quote Originally Posted by JManslow View Post
    I'm biased but I think Spring House has the best burger in Winston. It's only available on Monday nights but it's damned good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting. I don't think of Spring House when I think of burgers.

  19. #1739
    Punishingly Intricate
    DeacHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WINSTON-SALEM
    Posts
    8,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Interesting. I don't think of Spring House when I think of burgers.
    yeah it'd be tough to stray from some of the other stuff on their menu, especially at dinner

  20. #1740
    Robert O'Kelley
    dot com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Posts
    7,219
    Not nearby, but we ate at Olde Hickory Station (brewpub) Saturday, their burgers are 40% bacon and fucking delicious.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •