• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Cool. Hopefully the Ziggy's building next door will be put to good use as well in the near future.

Camel City BBQ is already a solid anchor point for that corner of downtown.

The craft beer business is catching on in the Piedmont Triad, with more than 15 local breweries in the area
Had to really think about this one:
Wise Man
Foothills
Hoots
Small Batch
Pig Pounder
Natty Greene
Preyer
Gibb's
Joymongers
Brown Truck
Liberty

How far does the Piedmont spread?
New Sarum?
Red Oak?
Haw River?
Four Saints?

That gets me to 15.

Camel City BBQ is already a solid anchor point for that corner of downtown.

Had to really think about this one:
Wise Man
Foothills
Hoots
Small Batch
Pig Pounder
Natty Greene
Preyer
Gibb's
Joymongers
Brown Truck
Liberty

How far does the Piedmont spread?
New Sarum?
Red Oak?
Haw River?
Four Saints?

That gets me to 15.

I'm fine leaving Red Oak off the list.

E: Saw it on the expanded. Red Oak is definitely in the Triad.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but Skippys buying the space next door and planning to open with a bigger dine in space, and a spot a couple places up from Foothills is apparently going to be a Dominoes. Seems odd for the location, but maybe there is a need for more pizza delivery downtown? Heard that piece from the tenant next door, not in print anywhere.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, but Skippys buying the space next door and planning to open with a bigger dine in space, and a spot a couple places up from Foothills is apparently going to be a Dominoes. Seems odd for the location, but maybe there is a need for more pizza delivery downtown? Heard that piece from the tenant next door, not in print anywhere.

Skippy's is coming back? That's great news. Is the owner doing better?

Oh, and he does seem to be doing better yes, they keep posting stuff on Facebook, seems to be in good spirits and continues to get a lot of love from the community

When I lived downtown dominos would not deliver there. Only Papa Johns.

Mike sold the business and entrusted the new owners with his pretzel bun recipe

Oh, and he does seem to be doing better yes, they keep posting stuff on Facebook, seems to be in good spirits and continues to get a lot of love from the community

wow that's awesome news on both fronts. skippy's is probs the place I miss most from my days in winston.

Southern Mediterranean Grill in Clemmons has closed it will be replaced with Breakfast time family house (same owners from breakfast time Peters Creek).

The Breakfast Time sign that was up is now gone and there doesn't seem to be any work going on there now. Maybe Burke St Pizza will open up a location there!

The Breakfast Time sign that was up is now gone and there doesn't seem to be any work going on there now. Maybe Burke St Pizza will open up a location there!

Maybe the owner said he was targeting early 2017 to open.

Linky

The former owners of Southern Mediterranean Grill did much of the renovation to the building, which was formerly a Cozumel and Boston Market.
“It’s like they did the upfit for me,” Kazakos said.
Still, there is work to be done to transform the space, he said. The industrial aesthetic in Southern Mediterranean Grill will be replaced with a rustic interior.
“We’ll add more country charm,” he said.
The Clemmons franchise should be open in early 2017, Kazakos said, adding that he likes to take his time opening new locations.

Anyone been to Bernardin's at Zevely House recently? I can't recall the last time I heard anyone talk about that place.

We went for Valentine's this year, it was good, not great

I'm biased but I think Spring House has the best burger in Winston. It's only available on Monday nights but it's damned good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm biased but I think Spring House has the best burger in Winston. It's only available on Monday nights but it's damned good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I don't think of Spring House when I think of burgers.

Not nearby, but we ate at Olde Hickory Station (brewpub) Saturday, their burgers are 40% bacon and fucking delicious.

Back