• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Cheesecake Factory opened in Greensboro on Tuesday. It was amazing, but packed. They're not taking reservations at this time, but apparently will in the future. I wouldn't try it without one. We went a 4:00 on Thursday and only had to wait a few minutes, but there was a mob outside when we were leaving and I had 4 cars waiting/fighting for my parking spot as I left. Had been to the one in Charlotte once before, and the new location is just as good.

Any refs for downtown Winston that newer and good with decent beer? Kid wants Wolfies, so something within walking distance would be awesome.

Any refs for downtown Winston that newer and good with decent beer? Kid wants Wolfies, so something within walking distance would be awesome.

Wolfies is closed btw. I think they may still sell their product at the small grocery store across from Camino, but the actual Wolfies store in 4th Street is no longer.

Yeah, Wolfie's is closed, but they have it at Central Park Provisions or w/e is the name.

H&H was my thought. What's the sidebar?

H&H bought the space next door. I've never been but a lot of kids I work with use it as a starting point for their bar crawls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a burger with gouda and onions, served with a gravy like au jus, and "flapper" fries which are steak size spirals with that crusty Arby's treatment. Buddy got the Waldo's Wings and said they were identical. The blue cheese and presentation was a step up from the Reynolda Road offering. Had some interesting small plates I wanted to try. Big focus on bourbon, in the recipes and at the bar. Beer selection was craft but nothing you wouldn't get at First Street or Quiet Pint.

I got a burger with gouda and onions, served with a gravy like au jus, and "flapper" fries which are steak size spirals with that crusty Arby's treatment. Buddy got the Waldo's Wings and said they were identical. The blue cheese and presentation was a step up from the Reynolda Road offering. Had some interesting small plates I wanted to try. Big focus on bourbon, in the recipes and at the bar. Beer selection was craft but nothing you wouldn't get at First Street or Quiet Pint.

was the burger good?

Planning on hitting Cin Cin tomorrow. Usually go on Thursdays to QP with TITSWF, but we will probs switch it up.

Looking forward to it.

What time were you there? I went today and there were two guy behind me and I think one got wings.

It wasn't as busy as I would have expected but took awhile to get our food.

I got a burger with mozzarella and gouda. It was supposed to come with fries and slaw on it too but they were accidentally left off. On toasted sourdough which was realllly good. I really dug the fries.

My burger was very good. Au jus could have been a little less gravy-like.
I was there shortly after 11 when they opened.
I'm pretty sure I know what DV7 looks like and I don't remember seeing him there but I may have had flapper fry induces diabetic blindness going on.

Back