• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I've only been once and I agree, which is weird for a new restaurant. Normally you'll see a new restaurant double up their FOH staff for the first few weeks to make a good impression, but I guess Cin Cin is going a different route. It seemed like they had as many hosts as servers when I went for lunch last week. I'm going tonight and if I get the same service, I doubt I'll go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, I was talking about QP. Sometimes the service is fine, other times not. I have not yet been to Cin Cin.

To clarify, I was talking about QP. Sometimes the service is fine, other times not. I have not yet been to Cin Cin.

Oh, that's my fault. Misread your post. Service still isn't great at Cin Cin fwiw, but the food is still solid.

Went to Cin Cin tonight. I'll concur with most here. Good food, meh service.

Hops has better burgers and service and far better beer. Cin Cin is decent if you can't get to Greensboro.

Why would you want to go to Greensboro?

It is well established that if you want a good burger in the Triad, go to Greensboro (Hops, Emma Keys, Big Burger Spot, etc). If you want a good hot dog, you go to WS (Pulliams, PBs, Kermits, Dairi-o, etc)

Hops, Emma Keys, and even Mad Hatter & Biff Burger are all generally better than anything I've had in Winston-Salem (historically). I do think the landscape is changing, though.

Go to Burger Batch next to Small Batch. Great food.

I ran by on Wednesday and it looked nearly ready to open, but I didn't know it had. Glad it's good. I had a burger at Small Batch once, and was not impressed, but I'll check it out sometime since I do love Small Batch brews.

Hops, Emma Keys, and even Mad Hatter & Biff Burger are all generally better than anything I've had in Winston-Salem (historically). I do think the landscape is changing, though.

What's Biff Burger? I've never been there.

It is well established that if you want a good burger in the Triad, go to Greensboro (Hops, Emma Keys, Big Burger Spot, etc). If you want a good hot dog, you go to WS (Pulliams, PBs, Kermits, Dairi-o, etc)

Yep. With Skippy's being currently closed, I like Dairi-o the best. Luckily, there's one near my house (I'm about 1 mi from the Forsyth County line).

Also, Greensboro has Freeman's Grub and Pub, which might be my favorite place in the Triad.

The cheese steak at Small Batch is pretty good. Not exactly traditional, since it has beer cheese on it, but certainly one of the better cheese steaks around here. Glad to hear that Burger Batch is finally open.

Go to Burger Batch next to Small Batch. Great food.

Got a Burger Batch burger last night and it was better than the burgers that Small Batch has traditionally made. I ate it in SM but peeked in on BB. . . .not really digging the interior of Burger Batch. However, the menu looks great. We also tried the Zucchini chips with the jalapeno ranch and enjoyed those.

Back