• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Eh, there are parts that are great. Just like there are parts of Winston that are a shit hole and parts that are great.

The only part of Greensboro that is a shit hole is the Greensboro part. Other than that, it's great.

Go to Burger Batch next to Small Batch. Great food.

Got a Burger Batch burger last night and it was better than the burgers that Small Batch has traditionally made. I ate it in SM but peeked in on BB. . . .not really digging the interior of Burger Batch. However, the menu looks great. We also tried the Zucchini chips with the jalapeno ranch and enjoyed those.

Yeppp really enjoyed the Reynolds burger and zucc chips were bangin.

As a follow-up to my comments about Cin Cin, WTF is up with their "fries?" They're potato wedges, not fries. They were ok, but they sure as hell aren't fries.

As a follow-up to my comments about Cin Cin, WTF is up with their "fries?" They're potato wedges, not fries. They were ok, but they sure as hell aren't fries.

This might need to be in unpopular opinions (that they're just okay). Everyone I've talked to has loved em. I think they're in between wedges and fries, def not as thick as wedges.

This might need to be in unpopular opinions (that they're just okay). Everyone I've talked to has loved em. I think they're in between wedges and fries, def not as thick as wedges.

They were definitely taken down a level when you're mentally expecting fries.

They're called Flapper Fries so I figured there was some twist. I thought they were better than fries. Like Roses with the batter but bigger.

When I went to Cin Cin, I didn't get the fries as a side, but they were on one of the burgers we tried. I thought they were really good, and would get them as a side next time. (note: the quinoa side was not so good last week)

They're called Flapper Fries so I figured there was some twist. I thought they were better than fries. Like Roses with the batter but bigger.

I assumed it was just a takeoff on their 20s theme.

The decor was cool, besides the Rosie the Riveter. What the heck was she doing in a 20s theme?

Anyone familiar with the First Watch chain? They're looking to bring several restaurants to the Triad.

Made it to Rise in Friendly Center for breakfast yesterday. Previously had some of their doughnuts but had the fried chicken biscuit with egg and cheese and it was awesome. I thought I'd be able to eat it while driving but I ended up having to pull over into a parking lot to eat it.

Back