• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I hate that that Mongolian Grill over there on the Super G Plaza couldn't make it I loved that place

Sounds like the Downtown Greensboro revitalization is hitting the skids.

Comer said on Monday that Morehead Foundry has “temporarily closed for us to reorganize and figure out what our next step is.” She added, “The closing of the foundry was something that was in process well before [Ison] made his malicious allegation.” Notwithstanding Comer’s statement, Lonerider Brewing abruptly announced a delay of a new “beer den” within Four Flocks and Larder on the same day as Ison’s resignation and one day before the planned July 13 opening.

Sounds like the Downtown Greensboro revitalization is hitting the skids.

this building is on the very edge of downtown in a weird, not-very-walkable location. I always thought it was a long shot and my one experience there was not positive so I never went back. Not surprised that it failed economically but these allegations are pretty explosive.

But where will people eat when they want to go see Hamilton in the new performing arts center five years from now ?

this building is on the very edge of downtown in a weird, not-very-walkable location. I always thought it was a long shot and my one experience there was not positive so I never went back. Not surprised that it failed economically but these allegations are pretty explosive.

I had a couple of good experiences at Four Flocks. We had a party there in January with about 20 folks and the only complaints were about the ribs and lack of an elevator to the upper level where they had us set up. The discrimination allegations are bothersome.

I had a couple of good experiences at Four Flocks. We had a party there in January with about 20 folks and the only complaints were about the ribs and lack of an elevator to the upper level where they had us set up. The discrimination allegations are bothersome.

My only problem was the menu style. I like traditional dinners more than tapas.

Revolution Burger was ok, but there are better options. The bakery was similar.

But where will people eat when they want to go see Hamilton in the new performing arts center five years from now ?

I know you are trolling, but there are about a dozen decent to quite good restaurants within walking distance of the Tanger center site. Morehead Foundry was not one of them - it's a mile away from Tanger.

I know you are trolling, but there are about a dozen decent to quite good restaurants within walking distance of the Tanger center site. Morehead Foundry was not one of them - it's a mile away from Tanger.

Europa.....annnnnd?

I guess the Natty Greens area is only 5 blocks away. That counts. Crafted is no longer a cracker box, so I'll give you that one. Smith street is solid.

Undercurrent and B Christopher's, 1618 downtown are all closer than those just mentioned. Do u Bros GSO at all?

Acropolis & Art of the street food are both good right over there by where the Performing Arts Center will be. Or you can hit joymongers or preyers and do one of the food trucks by there

My wife went to Foundry months ago and said that place wouldn't make it. Food was blah, especially for the price point. Too bad, but that is the restaurant business.

Heard from a friend that they have taken natty Greene’s name off the kitchen and market at revolution mill. Only a couple of their beers on their menu and food prices went up.

Sounds like probably an interesting backstory here...

Ghassan's has updated their menu. They have a new chicken shawarma that is downright excellent and a harissa chicken rice bowl that is also very good.

I had lunch at Burgerim. Not too impressed. The merguez burger was tasty but thin and kind of dry. The menu is overly complicated. You can't just say "gimme the merguez burger." You have to choose your patty, choose your "style" or choose your toppings individually, and decide whether you want a combo or not, and then decide what you want in the combo. It's a lot of decisions, and I think a lot of people are used to a much simpler decision tree at a counter service burger place. I was able to figure it out pretty quickly but the 60 year old lady ahead of me took about 5 minutes to order a cheeseburger with the kid at the counter having to walk her through the process. I get what they are trying to do, but they could simplify things by having, say, 5 standard choices of popular burgers and still having the ability to build a fully customized burger. We'll see if it makes it, there were only a few people in there at 1230 on a Thursday.

Anyone been to Mystic Ginger yet? I’ve had friends who loved the food but said service was awful. The owners are apparently aware and hired a consultant to help. Gonna be tough to get me to go somewhere besides Nawab but I’ve heard a lot of hype.

Anyone been to Mystic Ginger yet? I’ve had friends who loved the food but said service was awful. The owners are apparently aware and hired a consultant to help. Gonna be tough to get me to go somewhere besides Nawab but I’ve heard a lot of hype.

I’m going there today for lunch. I’ll report back.

Back