• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Did you study abroad in central Europe by any chance?

no, but have traveled there. i just really think that place is sub-par -- but again, that was years ago, so maybe they've upped their food game since then.

if anyone is wanting a great Mexican meal, there's a new restaurant in mocksville called los domingos. It is the best Mexican food I have ever had. I have been 5 or 6 times in the few months they have been open and always had a great meal. My recommendation is get anything with their steak in it. I don't know what he marinates his steak in but it is absolutely delicious

Bob's Big Gas Subs is closing this weekend, per their facebook page. This is the place at the bottom of Reynolda Road in the old Shell station catty-corner to Hanes Park. Only went once when it first opened (I don't eat down there much). Pretty good but their sandwich choices were kinda weird. I love, love that building.

Bob's Big Gas Subs is closing this weekend, per their facebook page. This is the place at the bottom of Reynolda Road in the old Shell station catty-corner to Hanes Park. Only went once when it first opened (I don't eat down there much). Pretty good but their sandwich choices were kinda weird. I love, love that building.

Great building, and I liked the sammies a lot, but I often forgot about it. Need a new post Mistletoe spot now.

Damn, always liked that place. Watched a lot of basketball at that bar. A lot of Wake students and grads have worked there as well.

Yeah, that's been a long time coming ever since Robert left as manager imo. He and some other staff that left when he did are part of what made that place awesome (they used to have really cool trivia/etc) and worth the prices for their sandwiches, though they had some really good ones on the menu. Hope something else cool opens there, it's a cool spot.

Also, the undergraduate population no longer really flocking to Opera House probs didn't help Bob's either (I remember when they first opened they were doing some laaate hours to try and capture that crowd).

I didn't go often, but the Farmhouse sandwich was really good. I wonder if The Porch was taking too much of their business away.

Nooo I love Bob's!! Guess I need to try to get there for lunch this week.

Yeah, that's been a long time coming ever since Robert left as manager imo. He and some other staff that left when he did are part of what made that place awesome (they used to have really cool trivia/etc) and worth the prices for their sandwiches, though they had some really good ones on the menu. Hope something else cool opens there, it's a cool spot.

This. Robert was the man, RIP

Ran through Buena Vista yesterday. One 50-60 year old man was talking to a 40ish year old man. "The german restaurant is closing." "Oh really?"

#Sources

Back