• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Ate at Canteen in WS last night. Cool place. Sat at the bar. Food was good.

Last edited:
I had Mystic Ginger on Wednesday. It was pretty slow, which I hope isn’t the trend for them since I really liked it. It’s a little less expensive than Nawab but I didn’t think the food was quite as good. My fiancée thought her entree was much better than what she has had at Nawab and they seem to have a bigger menu.
I think Mystic Ginger's tikka masala was Campbell's Tomato Soup.
Dinner at Mystic Ginger and it is not good. Server didnt know about any of the dishes, one of our appetizers were wrong, wife ordered chicken Korma and it was achingly sweet, just disgustingly sweet. I ordered the Kahari chicken and they got my order wrong, delivered Kashmiri chicken, which tasted like tomato soup. They did corr ct my order and the Kahari chicken, a brown spicy stew, was very good. The garlic naan was also very good

The one in the shopping center with Dicks/Target is the best imo

Anybody been to Gloria's on 4th street in WS? It is in the old Subway spot near Foothills. They have this thing called the 7 napkin sub which is enormous and very tasty. Other stuff is good too. Very basic menu and options, but nice folks and worth trying out. I have been back a bunch and hope they make it, but haven't seen much traffic.

Anybody been to Gloria's on 4th street in WS? It is in the old Subway spot near Foothills. They have this thing called the 7 napkin sub which is enormous and very tasty. Other stuff is good too. Very basic menu and options, but nice folks and worth trying out. I have been back a bunch and hope they make it, but haven't seen much traffic.

They finally opened up, huh? I've seen it but haven't been. Glad to hear it's good. How are the prices?

They finally opened up, huh? I've seen it but haven't been. Glad to hear it's good. How are the prices?

Prices are fine, the subs are like $7-$8. It is a little odd because i feel like they are making a sandwich like I would at home, not that it is done in a restaurant. That sounds stupid, but you will know what I am talking about if you go. On that "7 napkin" deal they put so much meat and cheese on there that I am not sure how they make any money.

Prices are fine, the subs are like $7-$8. It is a little odd because i feel like they are making a sandwich like I would at home, not that it is done in a restaurant. That sounds stupid, but you will know what I am talking about if you go. On that "7 napkin" deal they put so much meat and cheese on there that I am not sure how they make any money.

Ate there today. Great food. People are very nice. Agree on the portions. A lot of bang for your buck. Need an affordable sandwich spot downtown.

Sucks, Wich Wich is my favorite chain sandwich place.

The one in GSO had the worst management I’ve ever seen. Just painfully slow and often unprepared at opening time. Sucks cause I like their sandys and salads.

I work near the one in Asheville and go once a week or so since I can easily walk to it. the owner(?) is always there and very attentive and seems like she has her shit together because it's always pretty quick and the staff is friendly.

Back