• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

For me:
Incendiary
Wise Man
Joymongers
Fiddlin Fish
Foothills
Small Batch
Hoots

It's incredible that WS has this many breweries. I remember when downtown was completely deserted from 5 on Friday to 9 on Monday. Say what you will about the city but the revitalization of downtown is a huge plus.

Anyone planning on going to Gears and Guitars this year? Incendiary wasn’t open last year when I went but I’m assuming it’s going to be a madhouse during the festival. I’d like to check them out but that’s really the only time I’m in the innovation quarter.

Anyone planning on going to Gears and Guitars this year? Incendiary wasn’t open last year when I went but I’m assuming it’s going to be a madhouse during the festival. I’d like to check them out but that’s really the only time I’m in the innovation quarter.

Going Saturday to see DBT. Any advice on parking?

Parking deck behind power plant or parking deck in the middle of the new link apartment building

The deck behind the power plant is free on nights and weekends. Link apartment building is first hour free.

“Poke Star” is moving into the old Which Wich location on Hanes Mall Blvd. It appears to be a make your own sushi bowl place with a build line similar to Chipotle.

Restaurants near Hanes Mall are dead to me.

The only exception is that Mexican place near Walmart, which barely counts as "near Hanes Mall".

“Poke Star” is moving into the old Which Wich location on Hanes Mall Blvd. It appears to be a make your own sushi bowl place with a build line similar to Chipotle.

Horrible name
Can they get Stormy Daniels as spokesperson?

Poke bowl places have got to be the next bubble. Those places are frickin everywhere these days. We have 2 in downtown Durham alone.

Clemmons recommendations? Looking for a dinner spot tonight for my family (4 year old & 1 year old included).

Where did you wind up going?

My wife & I had a date night last night and went to the Village Tavern on HMB for the first time in years, due to our mutual hatred for the area. Got a reservation on Open Table that morning, and got right in. The spinach dip was spot-on from what we remembered, and her salmon Florentine special and my mid-rare filet were great. I had forgotten how huge that place is, and LOUD. Our waitress was also on point with everything. Good to know that they're still smoothly killing it.

Anyone know the back story regarding Five Points? Saw they immediately closed with no advance notice. Didn't frequent the place but every time we ate there, it was always very good.

Assume it was taxes, but have no confirmation of this. That is pretty common when a restaurant closes in a hurry, though.

Back