• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

They've been trying to hire staff for a while, I think they're having trouble filling positions.

I feel like something happened during their big renovations and they got stuck waiting on either money or permitting or something (guessing, no inside info). Seems like they are back in action again though. I hadn't seen anyone working at the site the last 2 or 3x I got my haircut next door.

As to your second question, IDK if you are local or not, but Buies Market might be willing to ship you some for a price. They stock them pretty regularly and seem like the kind of small business that might go out of their way to help out if the order is big enough lol.

Thanks. Not local, but enjoyed them immensely during a recent visit. I will check out Buies and see if they can help.

Coming in to town in a month for a short weekend downtown with 2 other couples. What are the suggestions for dinner on a Saturday night and brunch Sunday? Plan to hit the breweries for the afternoon so would prefer to be able to walk/wobble to dinner and the back to the Kimpton. Thanks

Is there a must-try place in Winston these days? I haven't been much in the last 2 years, but I am going back in the fall. Tried Bernardin's and Nobles last time I was there. Both were great.

Always interesting to hear about “successful” restaurants that can’t keep staff. Seems like a pretty integral part of operating a food service business.

New Cookout coming to Winston:

dZImtlX.png

Back