• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Not fair to blame someone for enforcing his property rights.

There are plenty of times in business where being inflexible about one's legal rights is a poor long-term decision. Maybe that was the case here. Hindsight being 20/20 maybe everyone would have been better off if a low-cost shared parking arrangement had been reached.

I actually tried to help out 1st St by getting them in a conversation with Wake about their lot under the highway right behind 1st St; that lot is empty nights and weekends when it would be ideal for draft house overflow parking but I think insurance concerns blocked that.

There was also rumor Dave was given the grassy land opposite that next to the highway and that he was going to pave it for parking.

He's working on the building on the SE corner of the intersection - not at Draft House, though I've heard from multiple industry folks that Dave was largely responsible for 1st St closing when he put an end to the informal shared parking arrangement that 1st St depended on....so Dave's carnival concept killed two restaurants.

That building has potential.

That building has potential.

I saw some guys putting what looked like a tap system in that building the other day. You can see it from the stop light if you look in through the window. Interested to see what they come up with.

I saw some guys putting what looked like a tap system in that building the other day. You can see it from the stop light if you look in through the window. Interested to see what they come up with.

I noticed those yesterday. They've been working a little on the exterior lately, as well.

I hope it's good. Poke is one of my favorite things to order when I'm in California. My concern is that they won't be able to get sufficiently fresh fish to make this work as a franchise concept 100s of miles inland, but maybe they're counting on the large masses of Americans who don't know the difference between fresh fish and frozen.

I hope it's good. Poke is one of my favorite things to order when I'm in California. My concern is that they won't be able to get sufficiently fresh fish to make this work as a franchise concept 100s of miles inland, but maybe they're counting on the large masses of Americans who don't know the difference between fresh fish and frozen.

in greensboro this is a pretty good bet

There are lots of good sushi restaurants in town. Hopefully they don't go on the cheap as a chain.

Most people who would be attracted to an Hawaiian raw fish bowl as a lunch choice understand the appeal of fresh fish.

Back