• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I saw they opened and hope to visit soon. I also hope they put Kepley's out of business.

Have to put a plug in for my friend's new restaurant in High Point - Sweet Old Bill's (i.e. SOB's, tag line: Burgers, Que and Brew). It's located on Main Street, right next to Brown Truck Brewery. Good selection of smoked meats (chicken, brisket, St. Louis style ribs, pulled pork) and burgers, good beer selection (including two rotating selections from the neighbor), unique apps and side items and a really cool atmosphere. Just opened Tuesday. Check it out!

Thanks for the head's up. We go to HP shopping a bit, and will definitely check it out next time.

Sad news from ZITO! The owner was hit and killed a few days ago. They're taking a few weeks off, but his children are planning on reopening the grill. They have the absolute best poutine in Winston, and everything I've had from there has been spot on. He'll be missed.

https://www.wxii12.com/article/police-man-hit-and-killed-while-crossing-a-street/24929068

I started going there after your initial recommendation a few years back, and it's become a staple. Angelo was such a great dude, he will absolutely be missed. That poutine is $$$

I started going there after your initial recommendation a few years back, and it's become a staple. Angelo was such a great dude, he will absolutely be missed. That poutine is $$$

I showed up a couple of weeks ago and came in to find him & a few family members playing cards in the back, with the lights off out front.

It didn't dawn on me until after I was walking out from placing an order that they were actually closed (Sunday night).

He brought the pizza to Tee Time & laughed when I called myself an idiot. He said something along the lines of 'we'll always cook for friends'.

Such a shame.

I showed up a couple of weeks ago and came in to find him & a few family members playing cards in the back, with the lights off out front.

It didn't dawn on me until after I was walking out from placing an order that they were actually closed (Sunday night).

He brought the pizza to Tee Time & laughed when I called myself an idiot. He said something along the lines of 'we'll always cook for friends'.

Such a shame.

Man, one of the greats. Fuck.

Such a shame.

Yep, that's Angelo. A little over three weeks ago I went in at 9:45PM with a friend, and while most places would be pissed at people walking in 15 minutes before close, Angelo and Victoria welcomed us in. (I'm somewhat of a regular, though.) After he served us he sat down at the table across from us and chatted us up for a good half an hour, and brought us two more beers on the house, an unspoken welcome to stay even later.

I'm sure there are tons of people with stories like ours.

Not a local place but haven't been to a Corelife eatery before. Made it to the new one in Greensboro and the food was good. Place was jammed.

Tip: Download the app and you get $5 off your first meal when paying through the app. Have a friend download the app and scan the code in your settings on the app and they get $5 off (replaces their new joiner $5) but when they use it then you get another $5. Make sure they pay first and you get your additional $5 right away and basically get a free meal.

Slappy’s is one of the oddest places I’ve ever become a regular at. A bunch of goth dudes frying up the best chicken in Winston in the heart of Southside. Even their soul food sides are spot on, the collards and Mac and cheese always hit home for me. It is by far the dirtiest place at which I’ve ever willingly eaten.

WS about to get a Hops Burger Bar. I know that's a place that's discussed a lot on here. I think it's going where Carmines 901 just closed there in West End.

Wow, that's great news. Especially after losing the Southern Stilton at First Street.

WS about to get a Hops Burger Bar. I know that's a place that's discussed a lot on here. I think it's going where Carmines 901 just closed there in West End.

That location is cursed. That and the property has 5 parking spots.

i had coffee at an interesting place this morning. It's a spot called Toshi's Cafe down in Adam's Farm on the outskirt's of Greensboro. It's a coffee/breakfast/smoothie/sushi place apparently owned by a Japanese guy. It's like a cross between traditional neighborhood coffee shop and Japanese cafe - there's a wall of handmade pottery coffee mugs for sale on one side, and shelves full of Manga books on the other. I have no idea if the food is good or not but I thought i would mention it here for sheer novelty value. Apparently it's quite popular with the locals down there. Certainly I've never seen anything quite like it.

Back