• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Was going to go there but needed up at Earls instead. First time at earls and really enjoyed it.

Was going to go there but needed up at Earls instead. First time at earls and really enjoyed it.

Still haven't been to Earl's yet, but I checked out the menu online yesterday, and it looks really solid. Relatively small number of offerings, but I'd try and probably enjoy just about everything on the menu. Plus, I'm a sucker for a wedge salad. Probably going to be our next weeknight "we don't feel like cooking" stop.

What in the Hell is the deal with lobster food trucks being the new 'thing'?

Juggheads had one of the Cousins trucks (featured on sharktank, then franchised) a few months ago and did an unbelievable amount of business.

Then, last night, they had some knock-off 'Lobster Dogs' truck. People stood around in the cold for 2+ hours, ordering 10 rolls at a time @ $15 a pop. They had 1000 people RSVP on Facebook.

I dont get it. At all. Its lobster and butter, on toast.

The truck last night was an absolute beater. Why haven't more people jumped on this phenomenon?

Cities closed down earlier this week. I always thought it was a weird location but with the recent growth in the area, I could see the right restaurant doing well there.

Big Burger Spot opening up a location in Kernersville off Main Street in the new Lowes Foods shopping center.

Cities closed down earlier this week. I always thought it was a weird location but with the recent growth in the area, I could see the right restaurant doing well there.

I've thought for years that that place had to be some kind of front for something. Huge building, overdone, never busy, and mediocre the only time I ate there 15 years ago.

Went to Earl's last night. That parking lot can't open soon enough. Street parking was awful with Wise Man, a concert at the Ramkat, and a packed Earl's.

The Earl's space is very cool. I could see the whole place being rented out for events. Went just to have drinks but eventually we got the munchies. We had their chocolate chip cookies and the tater tot nachos. Tater tots were good but the group wished the serving was a bit larger. The cookies were pretty awesome actually.

Look forward to going back and trying some of the other menu items.

Question for the group: my buddy is playing host to 12 c-level guys from his company flying in for 2 nights later this month.

I went downtown with him today because I thought the Cardinal would be a pretty good fit for what he needs for accommodations & he wasn't familiar with it.

He needs 2 dinner spots, each with the ability to seat his group separately from the main dining area.

The 'private dining room' at the Katherine, which was my first suggestion, ain't gonna cut it.

He prefers one relatively casual spot for the 1st day (they'll be coming directly from Smith Reynolds) and a nicer meal for day 2. Is it worth putting them in vehicles to take them to Ryan's, or is there something else along those lines that would work in downtown?

FWIW, in my (little) experience... Jefferey Adam's wasnt well received the last time I was involved in planning something like this.

Question for the group: my buddy is playing host to 12 c-level guys from his company flying in for 2 nights later this month.

I went downtown with him today because I thought the Cardinal would be a pretty good fit for what he needs for accommodations & he wasn't familiar with it.

He needs 2 dinner spots, each with the ability to seat his group separately from the main dining area.

The 'private dining room' at the Katherine, which was my first suggestion, ain't gonna cut it.

He prefers one relatively casual spot for the 1st day (they'll be coming directly from Smith Reynolds) and a nicer meal for day 2. Is it worth putting them in vehicles to take them to Ryan's, or is there something else along those lines that would work in downtown?

FWIW, in my (little) experience... Jefferey Adam's wasnt well received the last time I was involved in planning something like this.

Hutch and Harris?

Ryan’s is always good. Other places to consider would be Spring House, Nobles (they have private dining areas), Graylyn (cool place with lots of separate rooms).

Went to Earl's last night. That parking lot can't open soon enough. Street parking was awful with Wise Man, a concert at the Ramkat, and a packed Earl's.

The Earl's space is very cool. I could see the whole place being rented out for events. Went just to have drinks but eventually we got the munchies. We had their chocolate chip cookies and the tater tot nachos. Tater tots were good but the group wished the serving was a bit larger. The cookies were pretty awesome actually.

Look forward to going back and trying some of the other menu items.

We tried Earl's for the first time last night. I'm a sucker for a wedge salad, and it did not disappoint. I liked my Winston Hot grilled sammich. Good flavor, good heat, without being too much. Wife got the bologna and bigass bowl of tots, which she enjoyed. I had a bite and wasn't a fan of the Dijon on it, but otherwise, a good one as well. Next time I go I'll get it with mayo instead of mustard, and it'll be just fine.

You're right about parking last night. I found a spot on the street just up the hill from the soon-to-be lot, which of course was a little walk to where you can get to the door, but was glad that I found a spot.

Nice crowd for 6:00, but like you said, it was Friday and there was stuff going on. My favorite part was sitting along the wall and watching three different couples/groups ignore the big fuggin' sign right in front of the door to "order here" and go sit down and proceed to look around getting irritated until they either figured it out, or the barback came and pointed to said big fuggin' sign.

I’d go Spring House of Fratellis. Fratellis has done a great job taking care of their private dining room area the couple of times I’ve been in a group that size.

I’d go Spring House of Fratellis. Fratellis has done a great job taking care of their private dining room area the couple of times I’ve been in a group that size.

Fratellis is a good idea. They have a nice private room.

Spring House has multiple private rooms and a board room if you’d need that too.

Is it in the Lowes shopping center or across the traffic circle in the new stand alone building?

I was told in the Lowes shopping center but I was over there Saturday and did not see any signs or work going on at any of the empty spaces.

Not sure what kind of $$ you are thinking, but 1703 on Robinhood can be rented for the night. They have great food,drinks, etc. and it's not as expensive as you might think to have the place to yourself. Obviously, depends on the night as well. Definitely agree w/Ryan's! Worked their for several years and I love the place!

Do either you or your buddy have any contacts with The Old Towne Club? I've never been there but assume that its facilities would be impressive.

Back