• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Heard that Tripps at Hanes Mall closed and the plan is to make it a Kickback Jacks.

The Hooters near Hanes Mall also closed. I'm sure the 3 perverted rednecks that still went there are devastated.

Anyone been to Mystic Ginger yet? I’ve had friends who loved the food but said service was awful. The owners are apparently aware and hired a consultant to help. Gonna be tough to get me to go somewhere besides Nawab but I’ve heard a lot of hype.

I went to Mystic Ginger today and was very favorably impressed. I had Chicken Tikka and some Naan. Both were delicious. My buddy enjoyed his food (a lamb and rice dish) very much as well. Total cost for my lunch was $10.95 -- reasonable in my view. We arrived just as the place opened at 11:30 and were finished with our meal and out the door less than an hour later. When we left, it was filling up with people, but they seemed to be serving people efficiently. I definitely will go back.

Heard that Tripps at Hanes Mall closed and the plan is to make it a Kickback Jacks.

The Hooters near Hanes Mall also closed. I'm sure the 3 perverted rednecks that still went there are devastated.
Same things happening at the New Garden Greensboro location

Tripps sucked. For some reason my mom's church friends always wanted to go there. Glad to see it go.

And I'm pretty sure the real Winston pervs have been going to the new Twin Peaks on Hanes Mall Blvd for a while now.

I had Mystic Ginger on Wednesday. It was pretty slow, which I hope isn’t the trend for them since I really liked it. It’s a little less expensive than Nawab but I didn’t think the food was quite as good. My fiancée thought her entree was much better than what she has had at Nawab and they seem to have a bigger menu.

Great move. Kickback Jacks food is pretty solid. Not great but solid, and way better than that POS Tripp’s. Best KJ’s I’ve been to was in Hickory, believe it or not.

Canteen downtown in Winston is fantastic. Have had lunch and dinner there. Both were excellent and the market adds a nice touch.

Went back to Penny Path Cafe this weekend. That place is so good and very unique.

Other than there are two of them?

I haven't been to his first restaurant in High Point, but I would guess they are similar to each other and very different from other options in NC. Although there are other creperies in NC, Penny Path in Reynolda Village is doing both savory and sweet crepes really well and in a really good setting. Have you been?

Embur in Greensboro is a new spot that’s solid. Interesting description as being Peruvian fusion but really it’s rotisserie chicken and pizza. Will be going back soon.

Embur in Greensboro is a new spot that’s solid. Interesting description as being Peruvian fusion but really it’s rotisserie chicken and pizza. Will be going back soon.
Is that where Southern Lights Bistro used to be many moons ago? Over near where Mad Hatter is now?

Back