• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

WinkinDeac

Reaction score
Given that eating out is a big topic,I thought it might be good to have one place designated for local restaurant discussions. I posted last week that the folks who used to run the former Tower Grille will be taking over the spot that used to be the Twin City Chop House. Because that thread was started on the sports board, of course, it didn't make it over here, so just fyi for those who might have missed it.

Also, I noticed this week that the Pig Pickin's that was on Reynolda Road had closed, and I believe that was the only remaining location. I was a big fan on the restaurant when it was on Deacon Blvd. - I even used them to cater my rehearsal dinner. But they had gone downhill over the years and the Reynolda ROad location had it's struggles. Here's a link to their facebook page which announced their closing in March.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pig-Pickins/484221560696

I'll throw out some of my favorites in the area.

W-S:
Breakfast of Course
Mozelle's
Finnigan's Wake (mainly for beer)
Athena

HP:
Maize Cantina
Singha II

Jamestown:
Southern Roots

Greensboro:
Emma Key's (best burgers in the area)
Liberty Oak
Crafted - The Art of the Taco
Pour House (mainly for beer)
Maxie B's (best bakery in the area)
Hops

you are correct: Lucky32 (good), GVG (along with the O Henry Hotel), and Printworks (along with the Proximity Hotel) are all owned by the same group. Quaintance-Weaver

Still ill that the W-S L32 closed. That was the place my parents met my wife. Seems like restaurants have struggled to stay in that space since.

Had some really good Thai at an ethnosh event at Thai corner kitchen last week.

Greensboro:
Emma Key's (best burgers in the area)
Hops

Maxie B's (best bakery in the area)

I went to Hops for the first time last week, I think they may give Emma Key's a run for the best burgers in town.

On bakeries, I'm partial to Delicious (but that's also my second office, so I'm biased).

I went to Hops for the first time last week, I think they may give Emma Key's a run for the best burgers in town.

On bakeries, I'm partial to Delicious (but that's also my second office, so I'm biased).

Hops is good, but not as good as Emma Key's. Hop's fries and beer are better though.

I finally made it to mission pizza napoletena last week on 7th and trade. GD, that's good-ass pizza. Had the EAC, margherita, and Bianca pizzas(my favorite). Really awesome.

I finally made it to mission pizza napoletena last week on 7th and trade. GD, that's good-ass pizza. Had the EAC, margherita, and Bianca pizzas(my favorite). Really awesome.

Gotta go with the Diavola (something like that... can't remember the name), it's an awesome pizza.

My only gripe with Mission is the pricing at like 14/15 bucks for a single person sized pizza, but I've been spoiled by Pizza Pura in Asheville wrt that I think.

What's the best burger in Winston? Thoughts? Really not a lot of places bringing the heat in that regard..

Maybe the new Bad Daddy's place? The pimento cheese burger at Mozelles is awesome too, not sure if it's fair to include that.

Back