• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Alma Mexicana at the Bailey Power Plant? The wife and I really enjoy going there on date nights to get some good cocktails and tapas. Only problem we have ever had there was this week when our service was absolutely horrible, she was definitely under the influence of something.

I really appreciate all the input. Thinking a BlackTie Transportation bus & Ryan's will be the call. Going to look into the viability of some others in this thread for meal #2.

FWIW, I think Graylyn would have been perfect. I completely forgot about it (and I even stayed/ate there on NYE!)... but the accommodations were already booked. Whoops.

Hops Burger Bar still planning to move into the old Carmine's 901 location? The "coming soon" sign is no longer on the building.

Hops Burger Bar still planning to move into the old Carmine's 901 location? The "coming soon" sign is no longer on the building.

Curious about this as well. I'll dig around a little bit today to see if I can find anything out. Was hoping this was a done deal.

Waldo’s has changed. I don’t like the idea of flat TVs on those walls.

Ronni's is sentimental to me, mostly because at the time it opened, no other place in the area sold wings. It really was a market ripe for the picking when they started.

Waldo’s has changed. I don’t like the idea of flat TVs on those walls.

It definitely ain't our daddy's Waldo's and I preferred the small town feel, too. However, I've had to adapt and have come to terms with the upgrades. The only thing that really irks me about the new ownership, is the fact they replaced a jukebox with one of those stuffed animal claw machines. I've had a couple of bad experiences with some of the new waitstaff, but my boy Chris(the mid-40s dude with a goatee) is always there for me and knows when I walk in the door to bring me a pitcher before even walking up the table. I'm like the RJK of Waldo's.

Ronni's is sentimental to me, mostly because at the time it opened, no other place in the area sold wings. It really was a market ripe for the picking when they started.

They still make a killin', all these years later. In the past, in order to get wings for the Super Bowl, you'd have to call and place the order a couple of days in advance.

It definitely ain't our daddy's Waldo's and I preferred the small town feel, too. However, I've had to adapt and have come to terms with the upgrades. The only thing that really irks me about the new ownership, is the fact they replaced a jukebox with one of those stuffed animal claw machines. I've had a couple of bad experiences with some of the new waitstaff, but my boy Chris(the mid-40s dude with a goatee) is always there for me and knows when I walk in the door to bring me a pitcher before even walking up the table. I'm like the RJK of Waldo's.

I’ve had food come to the table straight up ice cold within the last few years. Haven’t gone back since. I think it was right after the ownership change.

Camel City BBQ's wings are really good. Much better than the actual barbecue.

I’ve had food come to the table straight up ice cold within the last few years. Haven’t gone back since. I think it was right after the ownership change.

Doesn’t surprise me. I’ve had to turn away some wings and homemade chips before. They’re always apologetic and bring out the the right product the second time around.

Back