• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Went to Di Lisio’s last night at Brookstown, and my god was it good. Phenomenal atmosphere as well. Our new favorite “nice dinner” spot here in Winston.

Went to Di Lisio’s last night at Brookstown, and my god was it good. Phenomenal atmosphere as well. Our new favorite “nice dinner” spot here in Winston.

Wasn't even aware of this place. Thanks for the heads up! Still looking for our go-to Italian spot.

Wasn't even aware of this place. Thanks for the heads up! Still looking for our go-to Italian spot.

We weren't either until I randomly came across it. I'm trying to live the low carb life right now, and my wife wanted Italian and they had options for both. Only thing is its rather small and they don't take reservations, however the hostess took my number and we walked around the building to Senor Bravos and got a drink (another couple joined us) there until she called. Apps, entrees, wine, deserts were all amazing. Just a perfect night.

When Di Lisio's first opened, they had serious service issues, but the food was great. Haven't been back in years, but if everyone had good service recently, I'd certainly like to try it again.

Not if he's just talking about the HMB location. The one in the Village is the only one I consider. Like "Little Richard's." If it ain't owned by a guy named Richard, it ain't Richard's.

Yesterday I met a bud at Bib's for breakfast, and a goddamn commercial for "LR's" came on the TV. We literally booed until the waitress came over to see what was up, and we all cracked on it.

Yea I’m talking about the HMB location. Last time we went there our service was atrocious and the food tasted like they shipped it in from a rural retirement home.

Why you going to HMB? There's clearly only one Village Tavern!

My sister likes going there for family dinners. It’s not my choice. I should give the Reynolda location a try but I think I’m already biased against it.

Wait, you've never been? Or just not recently? Didn't you literally go to high school on reynolda road?

My sister likes going there for family dinners. It’s not my choice. I should give the Reynolda location a try but I think I’m already biased against it.
April is the cruelest month, breeding

Wait, you've never been? Or just not recently? Didn't you literally go to high school on reynolda road?

I don’t think I’ve ever been, could be wrong, if I am it’s definitely been 20+ years since I’ve been.

Reynolds is technically on Hawthorne but I don’t consider it the Hawthorne area. It’s more Buena Vista/Reynolda.

Yea I’m talking about the HMB location. Last time we went there our service was atrocious and the food tasted like they shipped it in from a rural retirement home.

Yep, in my experience there’s a big difference in the two locations.

We’ve been pretty happy with the one in Reynolda Village.

Yep, in my experience there’s a big difference in the two locations.

We’ve been pretty happy with the one in Reynolda Village.

I've lived in Winston since 1984. I've been to the Village Tavern countless times, and was the first place I got served without ID. I've been to the HMB Tavern three times.

Went to the Reynolda Village location for lunch today.

Tavern salad with fried oysters added was delicious.

I don’t think I’ve ever been, could be wrong, if I am it’s definitely been 20+ years since I’ve been.

Reynolds is technically on Hawthorne but I don’t consider it the Hawthorne area. It’s more Buena Vista/Reynolda.

Reynolds High School is in the West Highlands neighborhood.

Back