• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

My favorite pizza joint in High Point closed. Marrozzi's at the Palladium is no longer open. My guess is Mario's finally did them in. Very sad. Went to the new thai joint in the Palladium which was pretty good, but not better than Thai Ming Chai up on 68

Have you been to The Basil Leaf over by Duck Donuts? Been a couple times and thought it was good. The atmosphere is a lot more open and brighter than most Thai places.

Have you been to The Basil Leaf over by Duck Donuts? Been a couple times and thought it was good. The atmosphere is a lot more open and brighter than most Thai places.

I've been (I think I posed earlier about it in this thread). It's pretty damn cool. They didn't have Phad King (ginger) on the menu, but we asked for it and they made it. Really great vibe in the restaurant after dark.

Went to Campus Gas a couple of days ago. I really like the interior and can tell it's gonna be a spot I'll visit often. I got their hot dog. I liked the Carolina dog and also tried a hot dog with pimento cheese. They have beer and wine for sale out of coolers.

They are still putting finishing touches on the space and getting the final menu together but it's definitely worth a stop.

I was surprised at their [already] extensive beer selection. The space is very cool. For me, the pimento cheese dog was A+, but the Carolina dog was nothing special.

It'll make the way into the lunch rotation, and will be nice before soccer matches.

Right down the street from my office. Will check it out. I like the one in WS

I like Nawab, but I don't think it is spicy at all. Although, I may have just burnt out my insides over the years

I’ve recently discovered Indian food so I could be unaccustomed to the heat. I got the vindaloo a few trips ago and it was so spicy that it was right on the line of being inedible. Having said that, I still crushed it.

My favorite pizza joint in High Point closed. Marrozzi's at the Palladium is no longer open. My guess is Mario's finally did them in. Very sad. Went to the new thai joint in the Palladium which was pretty good, but not better than Thai Ming Chai up on 68

I like Mario’s better. Not sure how Marrozzi’s didn’t do better. They have one thing Mario’s doesn’t, delivery.

Sweet Old Bill’s in HP is pretty fantastic. Went there last weekend for the first time.

Ate at Earl's last night. Cool place. Good liquor selection and live music. we got the pork chop and chicken and dumplings which were both good.

As we drove to Capolla's yesterday afternoon, my wife said we should have gone to the Basil Leaf. She has been for lunch and liked it alot.

Went to Earls last night, pretty cool atmosphere and good service. If I weren’t a Slappy’s disciple I would say they have the best chicken in Winston. I like how the spice comes from the actual chicken and not just the breading and seasoning. The collards were perfect as well. Look forward to trying their other menu items soon.

I don't know if I'm deficient in some vitamin, but I crave collards all the damn time.

It's because they are fucking delicious. I was in Rockingham a few weeks ago and went to this place "downtown" called Pattan's. Holy shit, best collards I've ever had. Spicy as hell, lots of cayenne.

It's because they are fucking delicious. I was in Rockingham a few weeks ago and went to this place "downtown" called Pattan's. Holy shit, best collards I've ever had. Spicy as hell, lots of cayenne.

BBQ place? If so, I've been there and it's great.

I like Mario’s better. Not sure how Marrozzi’s didn’t do better. They have one thing Mario’s doesn’t, delivery.

Sweet Old Bill’s in HP is pretty fantastic. Went there last weekend for the first time.

Just got back from a late lunch at Sweet Old Bill's. Got the burger with goat cheese, bacon jam and spinach with fries. Also got a side of 'pups to try. Everything I had was pretty good. Service was a little slow, but not terrible.

Earl's is great, but the clientele is a bit shady.

What are the odds of unexpectedly sitting next to a fellow boards member at the bar??

Earl's is great, but the clientele is a bit shady.

What are the odds of unexpectedly sitting next to a fellow boards member at the bar??

I was so weirded out there on Saturday night. Glad somebody else got the vibe from the place.

Back