Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131
Results 2,601 to 2,611 of 2611

Thread: Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

I saw they opened and hope to visit soon. I also hope they put Kepley's out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDeacon View Post
    Have to put a plug in for my friend's new restaurant in High Point - Sweet Old Bill's (i.e. SOB's, tag line: Burgers, Que and Brew). It's located on Main Street, right next to Brown Truck Brewery. Good selection of smoked meats (chicken, brisket, St. Louis style ribs, pulled pork) and burgers, good beer selection (including two rotating selections from the neighbor), unique apps and side items and a really cool atmosphere. Just opened Tuesday. Check it out!
    Thanks for the head's up. We go to HP shopping a bit, and will definitely check it out next time.

Robert O'Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    I saw they opened and hope to visit soon. I also hope they put Kepley's out of business.
    Why? I like Kepley's....

Quote Originally Posted by dot com View Post
    Why? I like Kepley's....
    Because they fought against the plans to make main street pedestrian friendly.

Sheikh of Smoke
    Sad news from ZITO! The owner was hit and killed a few days ago. They're taking a few weeks off, but his children are planning on reopening the grill. They have the absolute best poutine in Winston, and everything I've had from there has been spot on. He'll be missed.

https://www.wxii12.com/article/polic...treet/24929068

Robert O'Kelley
    That news made me so sad, the poor guy had just recovered from the burns.

jon gruden's haircut smallbigtall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    Sad news from ZITO! The owner was hit and killed a few days ago. They're taking a few weeks off, but his children are planning on reopening the grill. They have the absolute best poutine in Winston, and everything I've had from there has been spot on. He'll be missed.

https://www.wxii12.com/article/polic...treet/24929068
    I started going there after your initial recommendation a few years back, and it's become a staple. Angelo was such a great dude, he will absolutely be missed. That poutine is $$$

Mary's will be breaking out their new beer & wine permit this weekend- Finally mimosas with brunch!

Historically Competitive
    Quote Originally Posted by smallbigtall View Post
    I started going there after your initial recommendation a few years back, and it's become a staple. Angelo was such a great dude, he will absolutely be missed. That poutine is $$$
    I showed up a couple of weeks ago and came in to find him & a few family members playing cards in the back, with the lights off out front.

It didn't dawn on me until after I was walking out from placing an order that they were actually closed (Sunday night).

He brought the pizza to Tee Time & laughed when I called myself an idiot. He said something along the lines of 'we'll always cook for friends'.

Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by vtwhat etc View Post
    I showed up a couple of weeks ago and came in to find him & a few family members playing cards in the back, with the lights off out front.

It didn't dawn on me until after I was walking out from placing an order that they were actually closed (Sunday night).

He brought the pizza to Tee Time & laughed when I called myself an idiot. He said something along the lines of 'we'll always cook for friends'.

Such a shame.
    Man, one of the greats. Fuck.

jon gruden's haircut smallbigtall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vtwhat etc View Post

Such a shame.
    Yep, that's Angelo. A little over three weeks ago I went in at 9:45PM with a friend, and while most places would be pissed at people walking in 15 minutes before close, Angelo and Victoria welcomed us in. (I'm somewhat of a regular, though.) After he served us he sat down at the table across from us and chatted us up for a good half an hour, and brought us two more beers on the house, an unspoken welcome to stay even later.

I'm sure there are tons of people with stories like ours.