• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Al is about to open up an "upscale dive bar," which makes me immediately suspicious. It's also like a block from the original Al's, and maybe a quarter mile from his wife's lunch spot. They're taking over!

We will be needing reports on how this concept works. Dive bar decor with upscale clientele or upscale decor with dive bar customers?

Also, price point. Dive bar or upscale?

We will be needing reports on how this concept works. Dive bar decor with upscale clientele or upscale decor with dive bar customers?

I'm going to call this shot right now - Millennial concept; dive bar atmosphere with upscale prices.

I'm going to call this shot right now - Millennial concept; dive bar atmosphere with upscale prices.

There will be dogs allowed, as well.

Yeah, guessing it's just lip service to the "dive" aspect, but doubt it will be prohibitive pricing, either. There have been like 15 things to cycle through that location over the years, so I hope it works out for him.

It's going to be an upscale, dog friendly, dive bar serving expensive lobster and vegan po'boys and craft beers. Dog friendly as in dogs are highly encouraged. Sounds horrible to me. I'm more interested in Al's new taco restaurant which will be called The Yellow House. It's a joint collaboration with the two brothers that own Italian Pizzeria III(IP3).

That side of W. Franklin, (past the McDonalds) and Graham St. are like the only good things left about Oh Sweet Chapel Hill, so I hope it works out before it too is co-opted by the vultures.

So he's calling his new restaurant The Young Cardinal, which is going to be a block and a half away from The Kimpton Cardinal. :tard:

Yeah it's a dumb name. Doesn't really roll off the tongue, maybe he should change up the bird or something, go with "Ruddy Robin" perhaps. :couch:

Was able to eat at the new Little Richards at five points yesterday and boy oh boy it was good.

Smoked wings appetizer, chopped tray with bbq slaw, hush puppies, mac and cheese....hot damn. Just what the doctor ordered.

Was able to eat at the new Little Richards at five points yesterday and boy oh boy it was good.

Smoked wings appetizer, chopped tray with bbq slaw, hush puppies, mac and cheese....hot damn. Just what the doctor ordered.

We also went last night and really enjoyed it.

I went last night and had good food. Atmosphere is better than I expected in that space for that concept. Quite crowded.

My info has a Ledo Pizza opening in Kernersville Main Street Market near Lowe's Foods. Apparently the first one in NC.

Ledo is a Maryland centered small regional chain of pizzerias. They serve a thin crust pizza.

And Ledo pizzas are square because they don't cut corners.

Maryland left the ACC years ago. As a kid, we would eat pizza at the original Ledo in College Park before hoops games.

As I stated before, I don't do chains. BTW, Chipolte and Panera were started by BOOMERS. OOPS.

My info has a Ledo Pizza opening in Kernersville Main Street Market near Lowe's Foods. Apparently the first one in NC.

Ledo is a Maryland centered small regional chain of pizzerias. They serve a thin crust pizza.

And Ledo pizzas are square because they don't cut corners.

Ledo's is open in Kernersville. There was one in Greenville, NC but it closed down years ago, I think the franchisee went bankrupt.

Back