• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

New Cookout coming to Winston:

dZImtlX.png

It's where Burger King was. They are making good progress on it.

would that be Winston's first Cookout with indoor seating? I remember when my family was driving up for graduation in 2007 they called me from one in Salisbury and it blew my mind that they were eating IN a Cookout.

would that be Winston's first Cookout with indoor seating? I remember when my family was driving up for graduation in 2007 they called me from one in Salisbury and it blew my mind that they were eating IN a Cookout.

I don't think so. I was hoping that it would be but the exterior framing looks like the regular double drive through Cook Out.

if there's a dining room it's a Cook-In

tag: let rj make dad jokes

Hawgfish Shack opened in Clemmons finally. Felt like they were working on the renovations for a couple years.

https://hawgfishshacknc.com/

Used to be Cimarron Steakhouse, was always dead. I don’t know how it stayed open so long. Pretty sure I took 3-4 of my friends to eat there one weekday evening on a hundred dollar Groupon once that I paid 60 dollars for. We were the only customers in the place with a few waitresses just standing around.

Used to be Cimarron Steakhouse, was always dead. I don’t know how it stayed open so long. Pretty sure I took 3-4 of my friends to eat there one weekday evening on a hundred dollar Groupon once that I paid 60 dollars for. We were the only customers in the place with a few waitresses just standing around.

Yeah, I never went when it was Cimarron and had only been a couple times when it was Putters II (I think).

Bringing the family to town this weekend for the Clemson game. Haven't been back in years. Do I have any hope of getting dinner reservations for Sat night? If so, any good options that will also work for kids?

Bringing the family to town this weekend for the Clemson game. Haven't been back in years. Do I have any hope of getting dinner reservations for Sat night? If so, any good options that will also work for kids?
I'd hit up Incendiary and Cugino Forno down in the "Coal Pit". Good enough pizza, and great for kids to run around. Most likely will be beautiful, and there will most likely be live music outside. Plenty of space.

Six-Hundred° has quickly become our favorite spot in Winston.

Try to stay away from their expensive specials, and you'll enjoy the experience.

Thanks for the recs. Went to Little Richard's last night. Okay, but a far cry from the awesomeness of 25 years ago. Looking at Filling Station for post-game but have our eye on the coal pit options as a backup.

Back