• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Baseball Tournament

Yeah we kinda screwed up, but we were also picked to finish 6th in the division before the season started. This season was a wash, but Walter isn't the answer for the future.

Don't really care about preseason predictions. The league was topsy turvy. Even a mediocre finish would have had us safely in..

Could be Duke vs Maryland in the finals

Don't really care about preseason predictions. The league was topsy turvy. Even a mediocre finish would have had us safely in..

Could be Duke vs Maryland in the finals

Now that would definitely be interesting. And fitting to add a couple more teams to the NCAA pile. Clemson is in & GT maybe. Miami has played their way out of a seed.

Well, we lost to GT which plays for the title against the BIG 10 Twerps tomorrow.

Geez, I sure hope GT beats Maryland tomorrow....would suck for them to leave the ACC with a baseball championship.....

Geez, I sure hope GT beats Maryland tomorrow....would suck for them to leave the ACC with a baseball championship.....

On the other hand, would be a nice going away present for the Twerps. I am sure the ACC would love it.

Not sure where to put this so I'll post it here.

John Whittle @johnmwhittle
Ryan Ripken is Wake Forest bound. He had a scholarship offer there out of HS. Chose to walk on at Carolina. Probably shoulda done WF earlier

So WF will be getting Cal around the program a little bit hopefully. Cannot hurt to have such an elite player, and his son who is good, around the school.

+1

And well done to GT....they peaked at the right time this week....and it's not exactly like they overpowered us. Oh, what coulda been.....

Not sure where to put this so I'll post it here.

John Whittle @johnmwhittle
Ryan Ripken is Wake Forest bound. He had a scholarship offer there out of HS. Chose to walk on at Carolina. Probably shoulda done WF earlier

So WF will be getting Cal around the program a little bit hopefully. Cannot hurt to have such an elite player, and his son who is good, around the school.

his son isn't good. got by on name alone.

The ACC is off to a Rocky start in the NCAAs:

8th inning:

Long Beach St. 6
UNC 0

6th inning:

Oregon 11
Clemson 1

8th inning:

ODU 3
MD 0

UVA is beating Bucknell 3-0 in the 4th....

Realize that I am essentially posting this for myself, but:

- MD scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th to comeback and beat ODU 4-3.
- Clemson getting destroyed 18-1
- UNC lost 6-1
- UVA about to finish off Bucknell.

Last edited:
MD got the game tying and winning runs courtesy of B2B HBPs by ODU. WTF

The ACC was real down this year. We had a great chance to make the NCAAs with a very mediocre team.

Back