• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travel board

ellisat2

Reaction score
I know it opens Pandora's box to consider this, but since this is "our" board, would the powers that be ever consider a "travel" board where people could post a City and everyone give recs there? It would make searching easier and browsing easier, and would clean up the Pit a little bit.

Just an idea, since we consistently have 3-4 "Give me recs for ________" on the front page at any given time. You could call it "Pit Travel Agency".

I know it opens Pandora's box to consider this, but since this is "our" board, would the powers that be ever consider a "travel" board where people could post a City and everyone give recs there? It would make searching easier and browsing easier, and would clean up the Pit a little bit.

Just an idea, since we consistently have 3-4 "Give me recs for ________" on the front page at any given time. You could call it "Pit Travel Agency".

I think this could be a good idea, if there was enough participation. I just don't think that many people would venture over there often so even if you had a legitimate question, there may not be the volume of people to answer it.

My $0.02. I'd like to hear other thoughts as well.

Making it a subforum of the Pit would help draw traffic. As long as you don't mind the subforum box taking up space above the thread listing.

And of course there is the pit.travel.agency tag. But for that to work people would have to take tags seriously and use the tag search.

Yeah, my goal is suggesting it was to move them off the Pit (which the tag doesn't do). If we kept the format the same for all posts (City name as title) and moved threads that people start on the Sports or Pit, people would learn to use it. Its not like people who aren't going to those places really read those threads much.

The only problem I see is that people may not go over there to give input. We'd almost need to let the thread exist on the Pit until it goes to page 2 or 3 and then move it for posterity and searching. Then slowly start referring people over to those threads.

Back