• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Cuban on bigotry: 'None of us have complete pure thoughts'

It might actually work best for Sterling in the long run if they force home to sell the team.

He is looking at a pretty big tax hit on the sale of the team but a forced sale could save him that.

Actually pretty brilliant if that was his scheme.

He'll be dead within the decade and will have enough money to pay people to pretend to like him. He's got it made. Go retire to a beach somewhere

Yeah but he already had that, plus he got to sit on the sidelines and be part of a super exclusive club.

I just looked into the tax thing and... I don't know, I don't buy it. I'm assuming there was language in whatever the deal is between owners and the NBA that permits them to force a sale. If he agreed to those terms beforehand, can he really claim the sale is involuntary?

Edit: Also it looks like he would just transfer the tax basis to the new asset, so basically the gains tax would be delayed, same as if he retained ownership of the team.

Apologies for the nerd overload.

Last edited:
That didn't add anything to the subject of this thread. I have no problem with what Cuban said and I'd be surprised if he gets in trouble.

LOL at that. If the money is right, the player will sign. Chris Paul signed to play for Sterling...then signed an extension to play for him, didn't he? Do you think that Paul just found out what kind of a person Sterling was when this latest story broke? Hypocrisy is running rampant here.

Money is priority #1 here with everyone involved. Everything else is just meaningless pontificating.

I knew there was something missing from this thread...

It's more complicated than that now that the cat is out of the bag, bkf. CP's makes a lot of money off his image. The fans could motivate his decisions and/or give him cover to make that kind of decision.

Which golfer was it that left a tournament for the birth of his kid, and bkf got pissed off about him leaving money on the table?

BKF, you're wrong. Just look at what CP3's twin Cliff Paul did after his regional State Farm manager, Ronald Schmerling, told him that he couldn't bring his friend Mr. Okinowa to the company barbecue.

LOL at that. If the money is right, the player will sign. Chris Paul signed to play for Sterling...then signed an extension to play for him, didn't he? Do you think that Paul just found out what kind of a person Sterling was when this latest story broke? Hypocrisy is running rampant here.

Money is priority #1 here with everyone involved. Everything else is just meaningless pontificating.

I'm pretty sure this is just a repost from one of the multiple Sterling threads when the story broke. BKF this post is lazier than the strawman NBA basketball player you love to rail against.

yes bkf because small reports in the free LA weekly on Sterling are exactly the same thing as the public scandal thats been reported by every news outlet for the past month.

In BKF's defense, Sterling has been the target of two federal discrimination lawsuits and I believe settled them. It's been pretty well-known for a long time that Sterling is blatantly racist.

Not so good for Cuban. Nobody really wants an honest dialog. Plenty of people love a good monologue though.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

In BKF's defense, Sterling has been the target of two federal discrimination lawsuits and I believe settled them. It's been pretty well-known for a long time that Sterling is blatantly racist.

I posted what Bomani Jones said on LeBatard's show on the last thread and it was really powerful. Everyone should be ashamed for not putting the screws to him earlier. This stuff was child's play compared to the discrimination.

Back