• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Cuban on bigotry: 'None of us have complete pure thoughts'

Not so good for Cuban. Nobody really wants an honest dialog. Plenty of people love a good monologue though.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Need a ruling. Is this irony?

I think this is more a matter of Cuban hating hypocrisy. He knows the other owners. He's been a highly successful businessman and knows the lay of the land. I think he is spot on. He's willing to admit his flaws and let the chips fall where they may. I think he just likes stirring the pot and get people thinking. That's how you become a billionaire and the rest of the herd just mouths platitudes.

He actually did admit to acting on them in a positive way. When he saw prejudice pop up in his company he tried to address it with the person. The last thing we need is when someone starts a dialogue like this is for another person to say "that sounds racist". I really do fear we are coming to a place where all dialogue will be shut down because people will be scared to be branded a racist.

We crossed that line a while ago. The word has become a weapon.

A good take on that concept here. http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/mark-cuban-crosses-street-sports-world-explodes-052214

Last edited:
Why let a complex discussion about race relations in the contemporary American nation get in the way of a Benedict Bob wrath-rant against Chris Paul?

Good Lord, man. That statement...if true....works against your argument...not in favor of it. Think about what you are saying! You said...and I quote...."No players would want to sign with his team with him as owner."

If Paul could get plenty of teams to pay him $107 million....and "no players would want to sign with Sterling"....why didn't Paul leave and sign with another team? The contract Paul signed last July wasn't his original contract with Sterling. It was a voluntary 5-year extension of his first contract. He has now signed two contracts with Donald Sterling.

He didn't sign his first contract with Sterling as he was acquired via trade. And he could not have signed a 107MM deal elsewhere because LAC had his Bird Rights.

I posted what Bomani Jones said on LeBatard's show on the last thread and it was really powerful. Everyone should be ashamed for not putting the screws to him earlier. This stuff was child's play compared to the discrimination.

Yes this is correct. Stern should be ashamed. Talked about this with Cumberland a little bit, but it's sad.

This is an example of race relations in 2014 - cut and dry then it's fine, Sterling's a racist, but in "amorphous" areas (although I would argue this isn't amorphous at all) nobody wants to take action on either side of things.

Meanwhile, college campuses (*ironic cough*) prove the depths of their sincerity for honest dialogue by running off commencement speakers they can't tolerate. #undefeated

If Benedict's defense, I don't think he's being an intentional dickwad (here, at least.) I think he's just hopelessly, irrevocably, out of touch.

So a guy with a screenname in homage to a racist coach is slamming CP3 for playing for a team with a racist owner?

Meanwhile, college campuses (*ironic cough*) prove the depths of their sincerity for honest dialogue by running off commencement speakers they can't tolerate. #undefeated

What are you talking about?

You're criticizing colleges for not having an open dialogue when criticized about your own monologues on a message board?

Numbers is still mad about getting served in the Clinton thread. It is funny.

I didn't get served, I said I don't recall Bill ever starting a war over WMD's which as far as I know is still a correct statement unless there was a massive conflict I'm unaware of.

I can't wait for Hillary's impending 2016 victory so you and Lectro can jack off to each other's tears in the corner. I'm not even that big of a Hillary fan, I just think it will be a great meltdown and response from you.

10 points to Numbers, for the vividness of the masturbating-to-tears reference.

Goal posts moved, service dodged. A cunning and narrow escape to emerge....#undefeated

I said this:

"Clinton stated that he "believed" Iraq had WMD's, I don't recall him ever making a statement to the American people where he used that as a factual impetus to starting a war."

I even cut ties after the fact with being wholly accurate by saying that I didn't remember him ever actually coming out so adamantly against Iraq and Hussein at all (probably because I was 8), but as far as I know, the above statement is still true.

Oh stop. Just stop. Be less needy. It really isn't a big deal. Triumph and disaster are imposters, I hear.

Move on. All the way on. There shall be other defeats and wins to come.

Oh stop. Just stop. Be less needy. It really isn't a big deal. Triumph and disaster are imposters, I hear.

Move on. All the way on. There shall be other defeats and wins to come.

So we did go to war with Iraq when Bill was president then?

Good to see you're just manipulating facts now.

I posted verbatim what I said and you didn't refute any portion of it.

I did concede that I didn't remember him being so gung ho about POTENTIALLY starting a war over WMD's after the fact, which is a bigger concession than you have ever made on anything in the history of your 8,667 posts on these message boards.

Back