• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Cuban on bigotry: 'None of us have complete pure thoughts'

Yeah but he already had that, plus he got to sit on the sidelines and be part of a super exclusive club.

I just looked into the tax thing and... I don't know, I don't buy it. I'm assuming there was language in whatever the deal is between owners and the NBA that permits them to force a sale. If he agreed to those terms beforehand, can he really claim the sale is involuntary?

Edit: Also it looks like he would just transfer the tax basis to the new asset, so basically the gains tax would be delayed, same as if he retained ownership of the team.

Apologies for the nerd overload.

That's a huge win for Sterling though. You've heard the axioms "a tax delayed is a tax not paid" and "the best tax planning strategy is to die?" If he rolls over the basis to another asset, and holds it until he dies, his family gets the basis step up to FMV and the tax vanishes (after the estate taxes, but those would have been owed on his death anyway).

Yes, he spoke about what he really feels in a way that was calculated to promote genuine dialogue instead of look-at-meeeee! posturing. It would have been much better had he lied and said the right things, especially when he doesn't honestly feel that way.

Fetch my lantern and gun and loose the hounds. We're burning thought inquisition daylight.

Who is "we"?

If you only listen to the idiots, then you'll think everybody is an idiot. Just ignore all the people having a real, rational discussion

This thread sucks.

index.php

Yes, he spoke about what he really feels in a way that was calculated to promote genuine dialogue instead of look-at-meeeee! posturing. It would have been much better had he lied and said the right things, especially when he doesn't honestly feel that way.

Fetch my lantern and gun and loose the hounds. We're burning thought inquisition daylight.

I think I'm getting it. This is irony, right?

Ask the conservatives on your faculty what they think about it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

It's been a while since I ventured over to the politics board, but does Jhmd always display such an inability to focus? There's pills for that.

I get that being angry at a lot of things makes for a lot of targets, but #dialogue requires staying on point, at least for a couple posts.

Great post, jhmd. PC sucks. (Reference my previous post.)

ETA: And jhmd & I are political polar opposites. It's possible that we have never voted for the same guy in an election.

You guys are pretty consistent on how you feel about racial issues I think.

That's a huge win for Sterling though. You've heard the axioms "a tax delayed is a tax not paid" and "the best tax planning strategy is to die?" If he rolls over the basis to another asset, and holds it until he dies, his family gets the basis step up to FMV and the tax vanishes (after the estate taxes, but those would have been owed on his death anyway).

But isn't that the same as if he was allowed to keep the Clippers? How does the forced sale benefit him?

It's been a while since I ventured over to the politics board, but does Jhmd always display such an inability to focus? There's pills for that.

I get that being angry at a lot of things makes for a lot of targets, but #dialogue requires staying on point, at least for a couple posts.

That's his MO. It's helpful when he gets owned on a topic. He can quickly move on to the next talking point.

On a related note, I see that 50 United States senators have concluded that they have been spending too much time on the nation's economic, energy, jobs & healthcare problems and decided to move on to the really important issue facing the nation: Changing the name of the NFL's Washington Redskins.

Does anyone wonder why the Congress has around a 9% approval rating? More troubling is how these clown continue to get reelected.

Amen!!!!

And the emo mafia clown car empties on cue...

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

This board does have an emo mafia, but BDZ ain't no member of it

Cuban's statements were basically a way to justify not throwing Sterling out of the NBA.

Cuban's statements were basically a way to justify not throwing Sterling out of the NBA.

No. Jesus Christ, no.

"I agree 100% with Commissioner Silvers findings and the actions taken against Donald Sterling." - Mark Cuban, on the Twitter machine

Back