• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Maya Angelou has died

Such an inspirational person. Sad to hear of her passing, may she rest in peace

Didn't realize she was 86. She was a great writer and asset to Wake. Sad to hear and wish her family the best.

On a lighter note, props to the "we'll never get shaka now" tag.

Sad news. RIP, Dr. Angelou. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit I didn't know about a lot of the stuff in her obit.

She began her tenure at Wake Forest my freshman year. Hard to believe that was 32 years ago.

Over the years, anytime anybody mentioned Maya Angelou, I always proudly pointed out she was a professor at Wake Forest. I've been surprised at the number of people who already knew that.

She began her tenure at Wake Forest my freshman year. Hard to believe that was 32 years ago.

Over the years, anytime anybody mentioned Maya Angelou, I always proudly pointed out she was a professor at Wake Forest. I've been surprised at the number of people who already knew that.

Same here! Class of '86 as well.

And she passed just after my son's graduation from Mother So Dear last week- very sad to hear about this.

Back