• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

are the incoming football recruits on campus?

berneses

Reaction score
Looks like Rondale and Mitchell are on campus for hoops. Are the football recruits on campus yet, specifically our two QB recruits from FL and Mich?

Coach Clawson wants every player to attend both sessions of summer school. Every member of the team should be on campus now. Let the position battles begin!

Aren't most of the incoming freshmen still in high school, not even graduated yet?

Aren't most of the incoming freshmen still in high school, not even graduated yet?
As far as the two incoming QB's, Travis Smith graduated on May 22nd and was on the road to Wake on the 24th. John Wolford graduated on the 24th. Even if some schools have graduation ceremonies in June, most high school seniors will have completed classes and academic requirements prior to that time. I don't think that too many kids still have classes to attend.

Well there are still 9 players who have not had their graduation ceremonies yet. Justin Herron and A'Lique Terry - June 2nd, Jaboree Williams - 3rd, Zeek Rodney -7th, DaiQuan Lawrence - 12th, Jaylan Barbour - 13th, Rashawn Shaw, Kalin McNeil and Isaiah Robinson - 14th. I hope these boys are not put in a position to have to miss their graduation.

Last edited:
Seems like no one knows whether they are on campus or not except for jacketsting acknowledging that T. Smith was headed to Wake on the 24th. I can't imagine kids who haven't even graduated high school are at first semester summer session at Wake.

Seems like no one knows whether they are on campus or not except for jacketsting acknowledging that T. Smith was headed to Wake on the 24th. I can't imagine kids who haven't even graduated high school are at first semester summer session at Wake.

The vast majority of freshmen will not be on campus until 2nd semester. I know Rashawn Shaw is on campus because he graduated in December.

The vast majority of freshmen will not be on campus until 2nd semester. I know Rashawn Shaw is on campus because he graduated in December.

Well, considering that coach Clawson has stated several times that he wanted all players to attend both sessions of summer school, it is safe to assume that includes incoming freshman.

I trust CumberlandDeac on this and it makes no sense for the incoming freshmen to be on campus if they haven't even graduated from high school. I think Clawson was just referring to the returning players being at first session summer school

How could an incoming freshman register for and participate in a regular college class @ WFU before he/she graduated from high school?

Well, considering that coach Clawson has stated several times that he wanted all players to attend both sessions of summer school, it is safe to assume that includes incoming freshman.

I don't think that's the case at all. It's not just about skipping graduation, many high schools are still in class. In NC the last day is June 13. They would be on campus for second session at the earliest.

This is a different time in college football. The rules have changed to allow coaches 8 weeks of limited contact during summer sessions. 9 of the incoming freshman have not yet had their graduation ceremony. Am I to assume that even though they have more than likely completed their high school classes and academic requirements, they are all missing out on film work and conditioning because they have not yet had a formal graduation? I would bet that more than one of them are already attending classes at Wake and will return for their graduation ceremony. I just hope they all have the ability, financially or otherwise to do so.

I don't think that's the case at all. It's not just about skipping graduation, many high schools are still in class. In NC the last day is June 13. They would be on campus for second session at the earliest.
With that being the case in N.C. , that may explain why two out of the four early enrollees are from N.C.

Back