• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Memorial

simosfrostyone

Reaction score
This tournament is shaping up to be interesting. The course is giving up lots of birdies but lots of doubles too. McIlroy could have shot 63 yesterday but today comes out of the box with three doubles in a row. Happy Phil was five under with 3 to play yesterday and played those in five over.

Anyone know why Webb isn't playing? Not that he would have contended the way he is playing lately.

Not sure why Webb isn't there. Surprised not to see him entered.

Was thinking Rory's split with Woz was the best move ever after winning on the Euro tour last week and yesterday's 63. After seeing he shot a 43 on his 1st 9, it appears he is still searching for that 2012 form.

I really hate PGATour.com now. They fucked up a good site.

no tiger=life stops tagger may be right. The US Open still has tickets available for Thursday and Sunday. Stubhub lists tickets for sale all 4 days BELOW face value.

no tiger=life stops tagger may be right. The US Open still has tickets available for Thursday and Sunday. Stubhub lists tickets for sale all 4 days BELOW face value.

I had a feeling waiting it out for Pinehurst tickets would pay off. I buy weekly passes to Quail every year and sell the days I don't want to go, this was the first year I couldn't unload them all at face value and some I couldn't give away. US Open tickets are pricey, I'll think about going when they're 50% off on the secondary market.

US Open tickets would have been below face even if Tiger had played, just like '05.

LK, what was face in '05? $60 for practice rounds, $120 for Th-Fr and $135 Sa-Su seems pricey for gallery tickets.

Rory is +6 for the day and Wozniacki is somewhere smiling.

That somewhere isn't the French Open since she lost 1st round. Rory seems to be handling the breakup much better based on performance.

That somewhere isn't the French Open since she lost 1st round. Rory seems to be handling the breakup much better based on performance.

Yeah I know, can you imagine how she felt seeing him win last week and her going down in the first round of the Frenchie? Of course if she needs any consoling, I'm sure she won't have any trouble.

The numbers are tracking very similar to sales for the 2013 US Open at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pa, 25,000 tickets were sold daily for Merion while US Golf Association's Reg Jones said about 42,000 will be available for 2014.
Merion was the 27th sell-out year in a row with the 2005 US Open, at Pinehurst, being the largest Open they have had.

Read more at http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ticket...en-in-pinehurst/12593871/#VBokSMLbFyPAKWyb.99

ETA: Shit, just realized the name Reg Jones. We grew up in the same hometown. He is also a Wake grad.

Last edited:
Not watching but it looks like Haas is putting a nice round together.

67 (-5). Tied for the best round of the day. Started in 64th; he is now in 11th. Haas has been solid in the early rounds all year, but his weekend rounds have not been as good.

Nice. He birdied 4 of his last 6 holes. Last I checked he was in the middle of the pack.

Rory is +6 for the day and Wozniacki is somewhere smiling.

Screen%20Shot%202014-05-30%20at%207.53.57%20AM.png

Apparently this is her twitter picture as of this morning. No joke.

Yeah I know, can you imagine how she felt seeing him win last week and her going down in the first round of the Frenchie? Of course if she needs any consoling, I'm sure she won't have any trouble.

I guess the story about Rory calling her and breaking up out of the blue during a three minute phone call might be true... the breakee in a relationship is always happy with the decision; however, not so for the breaker... she was probably stunned and devasted and not ready to play in the French Open... he was breathing a sigh of relief and a happy man

Webb has skipped a lot of tournaments of late - I don't think he played in either Texas tourneys the past few weeks. Plus, I thought it was odd that neither Webb or Bill Haas played in Arnie's tournament in Orlando. What was up with that?

I guess the story about Rory calling her and breaking up out of the blue during a three minute phone call might be true... the breakee in a relationship is always happy with the decision; however, not so for the breaker... she was probably stunned and devasted and not ready to play in the French Open... he was breathing a sigh of relief and a happy man

Webb has skipped a lot of tournaments of late - I don't think he played in either Texas tourneys the past few weeks. Plus, I thought it was odd that neither Webb or Bill Haas played in Arnie's tournament in Orlando. What was up with that?

Don't know...he has been skipping a lot of weekend play when he has been in the field. ...

Maybe he is working on a non-anchored flatstick.

Date
Tournament Name
POS

Rounds
Total
Score
To PAR
Fedexcup
Rank
Fedexcup
Shriners Hospitals for Children Open
--
11/10/13
The McGladrey Classic
T7
--
12/08/13
Northwestern Mutual World Challenge
--
--
--
1/06/14
Hyundai Tournament of Champions
T3
--
1/19/14
Humana Challenge in partnership with the Clinton Foundation
T23
--
2/02/14
Waste Management Phoenix Open
--
2/16/14
Northern Trust Open
T70
--
2/23/14
World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship
T9
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
3/09/14
World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship
T47
--
3/16/14
Valspar Championship
CUT
--
--
--
--
4/06/14
Shell Houston Open
T61
--
4/13/14
Masters Tournament
CUT
--
--
--
--
5/04/14
Wells Fargo Championship
T38
--
5/11/14
THE PLAYERS Championship
CUT
--
--
--
Webb has really struggled the last 3 months.

The Simpsons just had their 3rd child 2 weeks ago.

Back