• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does anyone know where Webb is?

I don't think BKF quite understands that babies don't always come when they are "supposed" to. They are sort of on their own schedule.

I agree with BKF here. Mahan knew on Monday that there was a very, very good chance his wife would be going into labor before noon on Sunday. Why not just go be with her then and give the spot up?

I agree with BKF here. Mahan knew on Monday that there was a very, very good chance his wife would be going into labor before noon on Sunday. Why not just go be with her then and give the spot up?

link? What you are saying directly contradicts Mahan' caddie.

ETA: Tough to pin the 2010 Ryder Cup loss on Mahan. He made the most memorable bad shot of the weekend in the deciding match, but his bogey on #17 on Sunday against McDowell was his 1st bogey of the day. Half of the US team probably would have played worse against McDowell in that situation (final match out against a guy who finished the year ranked #6 in the world). FWIW, Mahan was the top point scorer for the U.S. in the 2008 Ryder Cup and didn't lose in 5 matches.

However, he is a flat-brimmed donk.

Last edited:
And we really give a shit about this why? The lowest guy on tour who might grab a spot is not hurting. The days of Byron Nelson driving around the country towing a camper are so long gone.

You earn a spot. It ain't charity.

I am not being critical of Mahan. He has earned the right to take any spot in any tournament he wants. But the lowest guys on the PGA Tour can absolutely be hurting and be desperate for those spots. The top 125 from the previous year, along with the top 50 from the Web.com Tour earn PGA Tour cards. Those 50 earn priority based on the four-tournament Web.com Tour finals. PGA Tour players 126-200 play in the Web.com finals as well. A typical PGA Tour tournament field is 132 -156 players. Bottom line is there are always more players than spots and the players with the lowest priority are always trying to get sponsor's exemptions. Even after making it through the Web.com process to earn their PGA Tour playing privileges, if they don't earn enough money, they lose their cards and have to start over again.

Not surprisingly, Mahan also missed the WGC-Bridgestone the following week. He officially withdrew on Monday. He was not replaced by an alternate in that tournament. It was a no cut tournament, so whoever was #77 on the Bridgestone list got screwed out of a paycheck!

Last year, Louie Oosthuizen started and withdrew in the US Open, The British Open and the WGC-Bridgestone. What an evil bastard, stealing opportunities to play in major championships from people! He knew he was hurt before beginning to play.

I love US Open pairings. At first glance, a few others:

Furyk/Stricker/Haas (vanilla savages)
Donald/Casey/English (get it?)
Bubba/Scott/Schwartzel (Masters)
De Jonge/Stadley/Lowry (hefties)
Holmes/Woodland/DeLaet (bombers)

Spieth/Matsuyama/Fowler - Young Guns
Baddeley/Goss/Price (Aron) - Aussies
Goosen/Glover/Ogilvy - All US Open Champs

going down there Thursday. Hope it's dry that day.

We bought Trophy Club passes because we were concerned about needing shelter from the rain.

If it rains, Rory will be making it RAINNNNN.....

I'm planning on heading down LK if you wanna meet and greet and talk some shit. You might actually like me.

I'm sorry but certain classic curved brim hats make you look like a total geek. Ping needs to make their hats more like New Era. Something about the crown or panel makes it look too bulky at least if you wear the brim straight forward.

Webb just tied for third in Memphis.

Speaking of Webb, as hard as it is to watch him play sometimes, he ain't got nothing on Ben Crane. Watched some of the Memphis tourney and Crane is so slow. What made it worse is no one was playing well today. Easy conditions and no one made any kind of charge. Crane only won because he was great getting up and down. Let's hope for better next week.

Back