• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Does anyone know where Webb is?

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
I have not seen his name on the scoreboard in the last few tournaments. Is he injured? What is happening with Webb?

Apparently his third child was born recently so he missed a couple of tournaments. (He also missed a few cuts in the ones he did play in)

Lol. God.

Can't win with BKF.

If you turn down money you're flaunting your wealth, if you don't turn down money you're just a money-grubbing whore.

Some are misinterpreting my position on the Hunter Mahan thing. My problem with what Mahan did wasn't so much his wanting to be with his wife as it was pulling out in the middle of the tournament. In my eyes, Mahan...who was leading the tournament at the time...was basically flaunting his wealth and saying "I don't need this million dollars. I'm splitting to be with my wife." And that's all well & good.....but if that's the way he felt, he should have withdrawn before the tournament started and given his spot in the tournament to a struggling young golfer who did need the chance to make some money. Once he made the decision to play, he should have finished the tournament.

And don't give me the baloney that he didn't know until Friday that he was going to withdraw. Evidently, his mind was made up much earlier that if his wife went into labor he would withdraw. If he didn't need the money, why cut something that close and deprive someone else who did need the money a chance to play? That was just selfish on Mahan's part.

It's really pretty simple: For 99% of the people in this country, a million dollars is more important to a wife & child than being in the waiting room when the child is delivered. If that was not the situation in Mahan's case, he shouldn't have been entered in that tournament in the first place.

So he should have not entered tournaments for a full month before she was due? Because that's when the baby arrived. Sounds like he really had quite the conspiracy up his sleeve.

Also, you probably believe he delayed his flight to hold a press conference to announce his leaving. I can just hear it: "Well, good afternoon everyone, and thanks for coming. As you know, I am leading this tournament and stand to pocket a boatload of cash if I win, or even if I don't. But, to prove to you all that I have so much money that I don't need any more, I am going to leave to be with my wife while she gives birth. Not because I love her, not because I want to meet my child, but rather so I can stick it to all of you poor-ass loser 99%ers out there. And to the first alternate, suck it fella. Now I need to get on my super fancy private jet and go home. Thank you, and God bless."

You nailed this one, sir.

It's really pretty simple: For 99% of the people in this country, a million dollars is more important to a wife & child than being in the waiting room when the child is delivered. If that was not the situation in Mahan's case, he shouldn't have been entered in that tournament in the first place.

Aren't many Dads in the delivery room now, instead of the waiting room?

Some are misinterpreting my position on the Hunter Mahan thing. My problem with what Mahan did wasn't so much his wanting to be with his wife as it was pulling out in the middle of the tournament. In my eyes, Mahan...who was leading the tournament at the time...was basically flaunting his wealth and saying "I don't need this million dollars. I'm splitting to be with my wife." And that's all well & good.....but if that's the way he felt, he should have withdrawn before the tournament started and given his spot in the tournament to a struggling young golfer who did need the chance to make some money. Once he made the decision to play, he should have finished the tournament.

And don't give me the baloney that he didn't know until Friday that he was going to withdraw. Evidently, his mind was made up much earlier that if his wife went into labor he would withdraw. If he didn't need the money, why cut something that close and deprive someone else who did need the money a chance to play? That was just selfish on Mahan's part.

I think what BKF is trying to say is they should take that money and split it among other players who didn't work as hard and are less talented. You know, fairly.

He could have withdrawn from that tournament on Wednesday before it started and would have been replaced with an alternate. Are you trying to tell me that he & the doctors had no idea that there was a good possibility that she would go into labor 48 hours before it happened?

A month before the due date? You bet.

He could have withdrawn from that tournament on Wednesday before it started and would have been replaced with an alternate. Are you trying to tell me that he & the doctors had no idea that there was a good possibility that she would go into labor 48 hours before it happened?

He got the call that his wife was in labor Saturday afternoon; considering she was a couple of weeks early, I am guessing the doctor didn't know 72 (not 48) hours in advance that she would be going into labor.

I understand if you wouldn't have done the same thing; it's crazy to hate on his decision though. Golf is an individual sport. He didn't let anyone down other than maybe his caddy.

ETA: The Mahans are expecting their first child, a girl and plan to name her Zoe. But the baby wasn’t due until Aug. 17. Mahan’s wife had gone to the doctor earlier this week, and there was no reason to expect an early delivery, said Mahan’s longtime caddie, John Wood.

With the PGA Championship being held the week before Mahan’s due date, Team Mahan had discussed the possibility of just such a scenario.

“But nothing this early,” Wood said. “It came as a huge surprise.”

http://golfweek.com/news/2013/jul/27/hunter-mahan-wds-after-wife-goes-labor/

Last edited:

Apparently that is exactly the case.

If we could somehow touch on Brett Favre and Army-Navy, I'll be content with the bkf's greatest hits thread.

BKF does have a point about players waiting too long to WD and taking spots away. Granted, most alternates aren't making cuts or contending but the Mahan situation is a horrible example. Plus Mahan is almost as boring as Webb.

Perhaps you should ascertain the facts before you start pulling conclusions from them. Didn't need a Wake degree or law school training to figure that one out myself.

Back on topic, Webb is listed as an entrant in this week's tournament. Hope he gets back to relevant this weekend.

..actually would prefer Webb becomes relevant again next weekend!......:thumbsup:

BKF does have a point about players waiting too long to WD and taking spots away. Granted, most alternates aren't making cuts or contending but the Mahan situation is a horrible example. Plus Mahan is almost as boring as Webb.

Not to mention that flat-brimmed fucker puked his guts out at the 2010 Ryder Cup.

Calling on BKF to be a Phil Mickelson hater in 1999 when he would have pulled out of the US Open on Sunday if his beeper had gone off with Amy in labor with the first child.

And we really give a shit about this why? The lowest guy on tour who might grab a spot is not hurting. The days of Byron Nelson driving around the country towing a camper are so long gone.

You earn a spot. It ain't charity.

Back