• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN interview with Kevin Sousa

Skinner was asked to do more. That's different than considerable improvement.

Whatever. By any measure, Skinner was a massively more effective, productive and better QB as senior than as a frosh. Not even a close comparison. Grobe is gone; if you insist on further attacking Grobe (which is pointless), claiming that Skinner did not improve at WF is not the evidence that you would want to cite.

Whatever. By any measure, Skinner was a massively more effective, productive and better QB as senior than as a frosh. Not even a close comparison. Grobe is gone; if you insist on further attacking Grobe (which is pointless), claiming that Skinner did not improve at WF is not the evidence that you would want to cite.

Which is why I said after Skinner to begin with...

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/riley-skinner-1.html

The stats don't show considerable or massive improvement. He was a very good freshman QB. He remained a very good QB who was increasingly asked to do more for a program that was crumbling around him while you didn't notice.

Kevin was relatively impressive in the Spring game once he became comfortable. I don't recall his passing stats but he completed a decent percentage mostly against our #1 defensive backfield. Now if our d-backs are as good as we think they are, that was something to encourage us. Still he has tons of work to do as a passer and I am not sure there is enough time for him to become a dual threat. What is undeniable is his ability to run the ball. If he wins the position he could be the best rushing QB that Wake has had in a very long time.

The fact is that WF doesn't recruit many QBs with the athleticism that Sousa possesses. Frankly this will be a proving ground for our new staff. Can they turn him into the type of player that he has the potential to be in terms of size, strength and quickness?

Sousa is pretty terrible in the few times I've seen him at QB (Spring games this year and last year.)

However, I think he would make a pretty decent tailback, if someone could get him to switch.

he has moved around (QB, WR, QB) his entire time at Wake...just let the kid play.

PH sure has a lot of Grobe hate. I wish we could move on with our new coach.

He is a very fluid runner and plenty fast.

can he throw the ball at all?

I know it says he is "dual threat qb" but how fast are we talking? What is his quickness like? Specifically, does he have the sort of speed that if he got a lane he could take off or is he just slightly mobile which looked dual threat on highscool highlight tapes a la teddy bridgewater (who for all intents and purposes is a pocket passer…maybe the best to come out of the draft). I'd like to assume he has some speed and quickness since they moved him to WR last year, but I know all bets are off with the last regime.

Back