• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Car recommendations

My wife drives an Outback and loves it, she did not like the Forester when she test drove it.

i might be in the market. have to decide whether to put new tires and brakes on my 2006 TSX or trade it in.

I want a sporty sedan, larger than the TSX (which has been a great car). Thinking about an Acura TL SH-AWD, Infiniti G, or Lexus GS. Had bad experiences with VW, so VW and Audi are out. Any thoughts on these or other cars in this segment?

i might be in the market. have to decide whether to put new tires and brakes on my 2006 TSX or trade it in.

I want a sporty sedan, larger than the TSX (which has been a great car). Thinking about an Acura TL SH-AWD, Infiniti G, or Lexus GS. Had bad experiences with VW, so VW and Audi are out. Any thoughts on these or other cars in this segment?

Bought the wife a 2008 Infiniti G35 (sedan) and could not be happier with it. Comfortable, plenty of options, fun to drive - picked it over Lexus and Acura.

Lexuses are booooooooring. I had a 2008 IS350 until just recently, which admittedly I loved, but I frequently has ES's, GS's, and RX's as my loaners, and they were all booooooooooooooooring inside. The interior of the IS doesn't feel the same as the bigger ones, I guess because it's more compact or something, I dunno. It's hard to describe...

Just finished a 3 year lease on an Infiniti G sedan and loved it. When I went to test drive stuff, I checked out the new Q50 (though I pretty much knew I was getting a convertible, so it was just to see what the new model was like) and it is really sweet. If I had stayed with a sedan, I almost definitely would have gone with the Q50.

Looking to get a 2015 Forester soon. Salesmen said the 2015s were similar to the 2014s. Any thoughts on the Premium vs. Limited vs. Touring? We have good offers within our price range for each. Any features more important than they seem? Any not worth it at all? Is the turbo worth it in one of the Touring models?

We have the 2014 limited. Seemed to have what we wanted in terms of features. The higher end have lane drift and parking assist, stuff we don't really need. Wife didn't think she wanted the turbo though we did drive one to see. The non turbo is fairly peppy, probably because it's not terribly heavy. We like ours a lot. Happy with the purchase

No but for some reason I love the commercial with the mice in tuxedos.

Looking to get a 2015 Forester soon. Salesmen said the 2015s were similar to the 2014s. Any thoughts on the Premium vs. Limited vs. Touring? We have good offers within our price range for each. Any features more important than they seem? Any not worth it at all? Is the turbo worth it in one of the Touring models?

IMHO the base model of the Forester is what makes it great when compared to other SUVs in its class. Not frill, no fuss just quality driving. If you want the frills (enhanced interior, etc.) go for it, but the real value of the Forester is the driving performance of the base model. This is not the case with all enhanced models (i.e the Impreza into the wrx or sti), but for the Forester I believe IMHO that the base model is solid.

We're going to check them out tomorrow. Leaning toward a Premium with the Eyesight. No turbo or enhanced interior options.

Does anyone have experience with a Kia Soul?

We leased one for one of our employees (think it was a 2011). Never had a problem with it and ended up buying it at the end of the lease. The girl who drives it is like 4'11", so it fits her well, but not sure if a taller person would do well with it. I'm 6'4" by NBA standards and rode in it a few times; it was fine for around town but wouldn't want to be in there on a long road trip. That said, it does have a decent amount of backseat and trunk room for its size. Extremely reliable and low maintenance.

We're going to check them out tomorrow. Leaning toward a Premium with the Eyesight. No turbo or enhanced interior options.
I'd like to get a Forester in the near future, let us know what you find out!

We leased one for one of our employees (think it was a 2011). Never had a problem with it and ended up buying it at the end of the lease. The girl who drives it is like 4'11", so it fits her well, but not sure if a taller person would do well with it. I'm 6'4" by NBA standards and rode in it a few times; it was fine for around town but wouldn't want to be in there on a long road trip. That said, it does have a decent amount of backseat and trunk room for its size. Extremely reliable and low maintenance.

Thanks. That's the kind of info. I'm looking for. It would be for my wife.

I liked the soul when I had it for a rental car. Ugly but nice to drive.

That's what we got. Fresh off the truck.

Things came full circle. We traded in a 2006 Corolla which I got literally hours before I met my wife. At that time, she had a red 2006 Forester which we traded in for a Highlander before our first son was born. Since then she's been pining for a Subaru and now she got one.

Back