• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Car recommendations

I know the probably safe pick would be to get a Camry/Accord but those rides are no fun to drive at all. Is there something dependable and fun to drive in the 20-25K range?

Mazdaspeed3

This is a hell of an automobile. Right up there with the WRX and the VW GTI. It will blow your hair back. Just take the speed3 badge off and it looks just like a Mazda3 and won't attract attention.

Sucks they stopped producing them. But if you don't mind going used, I'd definitely say get it. They couldn't keep them on the lots because people wanted them. If you want new, the WRX & GTI are great suggestions for fun to drive cars.

Anybody driven a mini cooper s? Halfway thinking of getting one..just want something for myself for work that gets good gas mileage and is somewhat fun to drive. How do they handke in the 1-2 snows we get in the triad each year?

Any idea if Mazda is going to bring back a new version of the Speed3? My wife still bitches about me convincing her to trade her 2010 Speed3. I have to admit, that car was simply a BLAST to drive. Finicky clutch, but oh man that thing would scoot.

Anybody driven a mini cooper s? Halfway thinking of getting one..just want something for myself for work that gets good gas mileage and is somewhat fun to drive. How do they handke in the 1-2 snows we get in the triad each year?

Guy I work with just got one for the same reasons and absolutely raves about. Says it's a blast to drive. Not sure about snow/ice handling tho

Mazdaspeed3

I think I am going to go with a Mazda3 i Grand Touring that is fully loaded. Its a 2012 but low miles and a pretty good ride even though its not the turbo. It fits the budget and allows us to start kitchen renovation vs buying a new one and putting that off another year. Thanks to the Pit for the recs as I never would have thought of Mazda.

I think I am going to go with a Mazda3 i Grand Touring that is fully loaded. Its a 2012 but low miles and a pretty good ride even though its not the turbo. It fits the budget and allows us to start kitchen renovation vs buying a new one and putting that off another year. Thanks to the Pit for the recs as I never would have thought of Mazda.

Enjoy. We LOVED our Speed3. Blast to drive. My brother has a 2010 Mazda3 as well. Great car.

Anyone bought a car site unseen? I understand I'm taking a risk, but if I'm willing to accept the risk and the seller is offering to pick up the shipping, how does the rest work - money transfer, paperwork, delivery, etc?

Anyone bought a car site unseen? I understand I'm taking a risk, but if I'm willing to accept the risk and the seller is offering to pick up the shipping, how does the rest work - money transfer, paperwork, delivery, etc?

Sounds like too much of a risk for me unless it was a car I knew inside & out like an old Ford (60's/70's).

What if its a lemon? Is he gonna give you the $$$ back and have it shipped back to him? There are way too many other options out there to mess with this.

Back