• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brien Taylor Unmade: An oral history

His senior year in h.s. he was scheduled to pitch against our local high school in the playoffs in a single game elimination, but a rainout resulted in his not getting the start the next day. His team was up 2-0 in the 7th (h.s. games here are only 7 innings) when our team got runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs. Taylor came in in relief and threw 3 outs on 9 pitches/all strikes. IIRC not a one was even foul-tipped.

This would make for a great 30 for 30. Now if I just come up with a name for it. CHIN MUSIC OR BRUSHBACK

I have driven through the neighborhood (if you could call it that) where his family lived and he still lives in Carteret County. It is off of 101, which is a cut through on the way to the towns where you catch the ferry for Portsmouth Island and the Core Banks.

There are some rundown homes on stilts, then a larger lot with a brick house where Brien lives. All of the last names are Taylor.

brien.jpg
I always assumed he was white.

Back