• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Travel Agency: Montreal

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
Thinking of cashing in some miles and heading up there with the wife.

First, is three full days enough time to really see the city?

Second, where should we go? We love good restaurants, museums, and architecture.

Thanks in advance!

had my bachelor party there, so i'd imagine you'll be looking for different recs. i loved the city though.

Three days is fine. Not to be dickish, but using search will yield previous discussions on Montreal recs here on this forum.

Fly into Burlington Vt. Spend an evening on Church St or on the lake. Drive up to Montreal from there. Generally much cheaper to fly in and out of BTV than Montreal. Maybe 1.5 hr drive from airport to the city. I've only ever been to Montreal for a conference or gentleman's club stuff so can't offer anything substantial

Three days is fine. Not to be dickish, but using search will yield previous discussions on Montreal recs here on this forum.

I found one thread with only five posts, one of which was you telling them to use the search engine, and the other posts were talking about strippers and weed

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/18257-ATP-Montreal-and-Quebec-City?highlight=montreal

The other one was from 2011, so I think it's fine to ask for more up to date recommendations

Get a smoked meat sandwich and some poutine. I stayed at an awesome B&B near the Bell Centre (or whatever they're calling it now - some may remember it as the site of an epic Mafia post I made).

Great city, and the people were super nice. Get used to hearing "Bonjour-hi" a lot.

Thinking of cashing in some miles and heading up there with the wife.

First, is three full days enough time to really see the city?

Second, where should we go? We love good restaurants, museums, and architecture.

Thanks in advance!
5DII_IMG_8051_2010-08-14%2014.43.38-S.jpg

Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel is pretty dope. good food and great beer. trying tot hink of other things we did that would cross from bach party to trip w/ wife. smoked meat from schwatz's was dope as the pope.

cheese, do you remember the dope steakhouse we went to with no appetite?

cheese, do you remember the dope steakhouse we went to with no appetite?

Could it have been Queue de Cheval? I'm not really a steakhouse guy, but this place is absolutely phenominal.

the pics on yelp look like it. it was one of the 2 or 3 top rated steak houses in the city.

Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel is pretty dope. good food and great beer. trying tot hink of other things we did that would cross from bach party to trip w/ wife. smoked meat from schwatz's was dope as the pope.

Nice. Wife did some research last night and those were two places she had on the short list.

Thanks for the suggestions all. Should be a fun trip

I found one thread with only five posts, one of which was you telling them to use the search engine, and the other posts were talking about strippers and weed

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/18257-ATP-Montreal-and-Quebec-City?highlight=montreal

The other one was from 2011, so I think it's fine to ask for more up to date recommendations

Apologies then. I wonder if the thread I was thinking of has been pruned. I do remember giving a detailed post for MTL recs before. Maybe it was on other board.

Au Pied de Cochon is indeed a great place.

Poutine in general is something you have to try. The later at night and the drunker you are the better.

La Binerie is a standard for me. Very simple and unpretentious.

The bagels are NYC competitive. Fairmount bagel, for example.

The Jean Talon market is great, especially for cheese. Some great raw cheeses are available there that are much harder to find in the US.

Chez Cora is sort of the Denny's of Canada, but is actually quite good. I try to make sure to include it during any trip.

L'Express is fantastic.

I find the smoked meat overrated, but it is a thing that you have to say you had. Schwartz's is the best known and will have the longest wait. Note: I'm not saying it's the best, just best known.

Last one: Brasserie Holder.

You should also take a long walk down Rue Ste.-Catherine. Lots of shops and restaurants, and when you get down towards McGill there's some cool architecture.

I hope you have a great trip. I've never been to Montreal but am interested in hearing about it.

bump for any last minute suggestions. Heading up there in a few days.

Back