• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF starting 5 for $15

Hmm, I like the notion of 3 $5 players and fill in any 2 freebies, if that were an option. However that's not the rule, so I'll go with

Duncan 5
Paul 5
AFA 3
Dawson 1
Strickland 1

It pains me to leave off either of Rogers or Childress and I'm sure I'm biased by Duncan/Paul's more recent NBA success, but there it is.

Yep, this is the best team IMO. AFA is undervalued at $3 and Duncan and CP are so good that you have to go with them. Obvious need is outside shooting, so CD and Strickland are the best options. Trying to play AMinu at the 3 would be a mistake.m

I might swap out Strickland for LaRue or Downey, but I'd prefer going with the bigger team

Last edited:
Hmm, I like the notion of 3 $5 players and fill in any 2 freebies, if that were an option. However that's not the rule, so I'll go with

Duncan 5
Paul 5
AFA 3
Dawson 1
Strickland 1

It pains me to leave off either of Rogers or Childress and I'm sure I'm biased by Duncan/Paul's more recent NBA success, but there it is.

actually the choice is based on best season @ WF so CP3 is really the least desirable of the $5. Duncan is the obvious choice w/ a NPOY season but strong cases could be made for J-Ho, RR & Chill for the next spot. I went w/ J-Ho b/c he was the unanimous ACC POY and garnered some NPOY awards. Slightly better than RoRo's junior campaign imo.

Here's a pretty solid team w/ Rogers/Childress though

Rogers - 5
Childress - 5
Visser - 2
Rutland - 2
Levy - 1

I don't get why so many people think Strickland was any good. He only played over 18 mpg in one season. He only averaged of 7 ppg one season. He had freakish talent, but never realized it.

He's not close to being as good as Tucker, King, Jamaal or Craig. Heck, I'd probably take Derrick McQueen over Trent.

actually the choice is based on best season @ WF so CP3 is really the least desirable of the $5. Duncan is the obvious choice w/ a NPOY season but strong cases could be made for J-Ho, RR & Chill for the next spot. I went w/ J-Ho b/c he was the unanimous ACC POY and garnered some NPOY awards. Slightly better than RoRo's junior campaign imo.

Here's a pretty solid team w/ Rogers/Childress though

Rogers - 5
Childress - 5
Visser - 2
Rutland - 2
Levy - 1

Rogers and Aminu at the forward spots would be strong.

Childress
Downey
Rogers
Aminu
Thomas

Bob, it's a fantasy thing. Players are given a value and you have a budget.

It's pretty clear this is only players from the Odom years forward. Start your own thread for older players.

I don't get why so many people think Strickland was any good. He only played over 18 mpg in one season. He only averaged of 7 ppg one season. He had freakish talent, but never realized it.

He's not close to being as good as Tucker, King, Jamaal or Craig. Heck, I'd probably take Derrick McQueen over Trent.

Well it said in the OP that you got each player for their best season. His senior year he was pretty good, 40 for 90 from 3 (44%), nice 3 and D piece. Basically all you want out of that spot is 3 and D anyways on a team with Paul and Duncan. Other players were better overall players for sure.

Well it said in the OP that you got each player for their best season. His senior year he was pretty good, 40 for 90 from 3 (44%), nice 3 and D piece. Basically all you want out of that spot is 3 and D anyways on a team with Paul and Duncan. Other players were better overall players for sure.

I can't think of a better 3 for $1 especially if you need defense. The other decent choice is Levy but Aminu gives you a lot more of the same for $3.

Last edited:
Even in his best season Strickland made a lot of boneheaded plays.

Derrick McQueen. C'mon, RJ. King, Tucker, and Levy aren't even the same position. Craig sure, but Derrick McQueen??

King, Tucker and Levy all played SF. That's I had to play Strickland on my team. If he had Taron's or Jamaal's bball IQ or heart, he'd be in the NBA now.

King, Tucker and Levy all played SF. That's I had to play Strickland on my team. If he had Taron's or Jamaal's bball IQ or heart, he'd be in the NBA now.

Combo forwards vs. true wings, no?

Also my dude made it farther in pro ball than either of those guys.

And for as good as Levy was supposed to be, he never did much more than what he came in with...

Tucker played 66 games in the NBA. that's 66 more than Strickland ever will.

Chris King started 66 games in the NBA and played in a total of 103. Again more than Strickland ever will.

BTW, King averaged 15.2 for four years at Wake. He scored 1721 point, shot 51.9% from the field and averaged 6.1 RPG.

My bad he should be my other forward rather than Tucker.

Strickland can't sniff King's jock.

Combo forwards vs. true wings, no?

Also my dude made it farther in pro ball than either of those guys.

And for as good as Levy was supposed to be, he never did much more than what he came in with...

How good was Levy supposed to be?

Teague, ROK, JJ, AFA, Visser

or ROK, Gray, JJ, AFA, Visser

Tucker played 66 games in the NBA. that's 66 more than Strickland ever will.

Chris King started 66 games in the NBA and played in a total of 103. Again more than Strickland ever will.

BTW, King averaged 15.2 for four years at Wake. He scored 1721 point, shot 51.9% from the field and averaged 6.1 RPG.

My bad he should be my other forward rather than Tucker.

Strickland can't sniff King's jock.

Reading comp is your friend, RJ. You referred to Levy and Downey as guys Strick should have emulated and Strick had a better career as a professional (short as it was) than either.

King and Tucker were big men. Both had better careers, but Strick was a wing. Apples and oranges.

Back