• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the funniest movie of the last ten years?

The first half of Wedding Crashers was excellent. But then they had a dumpster fire in the 2nd half.

Much like Anchorman 2, the first 40 mins are so hilarious and then it just pulls an O'Doyle off the cliff.

61 posts and nobody mentions Horrible Bosses. Fucking loved that movie

Was funny, but the premise of wanting to reject Jennifer Aniston's sexual harassment was questionable. What het guy would do that?

in no particular order

Team America
Borat
Anchorman
40 Year Old Virgin

Nothing all that funny during the last 10 years. I blame Obama. The man just does not have a good sense of humor.

Obama is actually the funniest recent president when it comes to roasts. Best line I remember was on Rahm Emanuel. "Some of you may not know that when Rahm was working in a deli as a teenager he sliced off his middle finger. Rendering him practically mute."

Obama is actually the funniest recent president when it comes to roasts. Best line I remember was on Rahm Emanuel. "Some of you may not know that when Rahm was working in a deli as a teenager he sliced off his middle finger. Rendering him practically mute."

He is, but honestly, W was pretty funny too.

The last dull president was probably HW, who had the best caricature.

Staying within the last 10 years but avoiding 2004:

Hangover I
Ted
Zombieland
Tropic Thunder
40 yr Old Virgin

I agree that's pretty bad for a decade.

The last 10 years have mostly sucked. But there aren't any other Ricky Gervais fans here?

1. Invention of Lying (far and away the best comedy of the last decade)

I love Gervais, but good god, that movie was terrible.

I'd go:

1.) Anchorman
2.) Stepbrothers
3.) Fantastic Mr. Fox
4.) Burn After Reading (fuck me for agreeing with rj, I guess)
5.) Inglourious Basterds (this might be pushing it)
6.) Zombieland
7.) The Other Guys
8.) I Love You, Man
9.) The Muppets
10.) The Heat

Honorable mentions for Tropic Thunder, Talladega Nights, Role Models, In the Loop, The Goods (WHICH NOBODY HAS MENTIONED, GUYS STEP IT UP PLEASE), and Bridesmaids. Horrible Bosses felt fucking neutered to me, but then I'm a guy who owns Bad Teacher on blu-ray, so. I need to go back and watch Team America, I don't remember much from it.

Shocked that Knocked Up and Get Him to the Greek haven't been mentioned.

Old School. end thread.

I'll also add the very much underrated She's Out Of My League.

RSF laughed his dick off at 21 Jump Street, get out of here with that Burn after Reading bullshit

RSF laughed his dick off at 21 Jump Street, get out of here with that Burn after Reading bullshit

I mean, I laughed my dick off at Burn After Reading, too. I think I saw it three times in theaters. Loved that movie.

Back