• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the funniest movie of the last ten years?

The original (British) version of Death at a Funeral was hilarious. I didn't see the American version with Chris Rock, but the very end of the original has the funniest last five seconds of any movie I've ever seen.

I haven't seen Dodgeball or Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle mentioned yet.

Harold and Kumar, like a lot of these farcical comedies, had a great first half and then just kind of slid into oblivion through the end. It must be really difficult to figure out a way to end these kinds of movies while still being funny. They either try to put in some real emotion and plot or they keep trying to out-do themselves until they become stupid and ridiculous and unfunny.

Harold and Kumar, like a lot of these farcical comedies, had a great first half and then just kind of slid into oblivion through the end. It must be really difficult to figure out a way to end these kinds of movies while still being funny. They either try to put in some real emotion and plot or they keep trying to out-do themselves until they become stupid and ridiculous and unfunny.

Very true. One reason why TV is a superior comedy medium. TV comedy writers for the more farcical stuff (It's Sunny, The League, South Park, etc) don't need to attach a real moral after 22 minutes. I haven't seen Harold and Kumar it awhile, but I think it's one of the lesser offenders compared to the Apatow stuff.

In somewhat related news, I found out yesterday that the 8 year old son of one of my friends of Wake just got cast in Apatow's new movie Trainwreck. He started acting a few years ago and has booked a few commercials, TV roles, and movie roles.

Can’t believe ROAD TRIP is 14 years old.

Lately I have laughed a lot at Bridesmaids and Wolf of Wall Street. Bridesmaids has 4-5 scenes that are incredibly funny, plus a bunch of nonsensical chick flick crap. The funny scenes definitely make it worth watching, and are some of the funniest scenes in the last ten years, IMO.

But, if I really need a laugh I skip movies and go straight for Eastbound and Down.

Anyone mentioned Pineapple Express yet? I only saw it once but remember laughing a lot.

Very true. One reason why TV is a superior comedy medium. TV comedy writers for the more farcical stuff (It's Sunny, The League, South Park, etc) don't need to attach a real moral after 22 minutes. I haven't seen Harold and Kumar it awhile, but I think it's one of the lesser offenders compared to the Apatow stuff.

ya lots of comedic restraint

white-castle-18_480_poster.jpg

Here's two good ones not mentioned:

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang - knew nothing about the movie and laughed my ass off - even Val Kilmer was funny in that movie and Robert Downey, Jr. displayed the comedic timing with the quick retort that he has done repeatedly since in the Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes roles.

Hitch - Will Smith and Kevin James

Here's two good ones not mentioned:

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang - knew nothing about the movie and laughed my ass off - even Val Kilmer was funny in that movie and Robert Downey, Jr. displayed the comedic timing with the quick retort that he has done repeatedly since in the Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes roles.

Hitch - Will Smith and Kevin James

This fits the board name so well.

Back