• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What is the funniest movie of the last ten years?

In somewhat related news, I found out yesterday that the 8 year old son of one of my friends of Wake just got cast in Apatow's new movie Trainwreck. He started acting a few years ago and has booked a few commercials, TV roles, and movie roles.

Hopefully Apatow's next project gets back on track. That stretch from like 2004-08 when he was involved with Anchorman, 40-Year-Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad, Dewey Cox, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and Pineapple Express was fucking sick. I wasn't a huge fan of Funny People, didn't like This is 40 at all, and haven't seen Anchorman 2, but American comedy is better when Apatow is making good funny movies.

He's washed up. He made a decision to significantly enhance the role of the Brick character.

Despite it coming out just last year, I think This is the End deserves mention. Probably laughed harder at that in the theater than I have for any comedy in a while. Give it a few years and that could be up there.

Despite it coming out just last year, I think This is the End deserves mention. Probably laughed harder at that in the theater than I have for any comedy in a while. Give it a few years and that could be up there.

Similarly titled The World's End was not bad either.

The scene where James Franco and Kenny Powers argue about masturbating and shooting their loads was hilarious!

Probably laughed harder during Forgetting Sarah Marshall that any other movie in this timeframe. Was just a really great movie going experience.

I found Forgetting Sarah Marshall to be a good story and amusing, but not laugh out loud funny. I'm surprised so many people did. I thought a lot of it was sad and mopey. I don't find Russell Brand all that funny. That may have something to do with it.

Back