• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Million Dollar Day

JonasDeac

Reaction score
I know people have been getting the emails, how has there not been any discussion on today's big 24 hour fundraising effort? It looks like we're going to hit our target for number of donors but come up short on the dollars raised, would be a shame to miss out on the $500k.

next fundraising event needs to have drones litter my house with flyers ala the pizza hut blimp at LJVM to complete the scorched earth campaign. between a mailer every other day, 5 emails a day, etc., its getting a bit much for me.

that being said, i think they fell short of the target $$$ wise

Still time left and already at 405k. I bet they already have it locked up.

I have tuition to deal with at another school next year.

just got an email at 12:09am saying its not too late with the numbers from 9:30pm. PACIFIC TIME EXTENSION! 27 HOUR DAY

Last edited:
put some pressure on those Hawaii alums. They still have 5.5 hours!

We hit the target.... now I know why Casstevens was hired.

I actually re-upped on my Deacon Club membership as a part of the effort so the timing worked out well.

When I see that $1M figure I think it is impressive... but then I realize that if we just admitted a few more students that would also increase revenue by a million dollars. 4 years x 60k per year.... $240k per student. Obviously that $240k isn't much (if any) actual profit.... but thinking about it another way that million we just raised could pay for 4-5 students to have a full boat for 4 years? Wonder when you cut down to the actual figures of what it costs to give someone a "full scholarship" how much it actually costs the university.

Either way, 2500 donors and $1M in pure donations is a solid day for general fundraising. Deacon Club membership is up at the highest levels ever (think I read that on the Twitter).

Back