• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources: Tyler Cavanaugh Transferring

Did you mean to quote BabyDeac's post there?

It seems to be suggesting that Cav left because he didn't want to play under a coach that demanded more of him. Such a player isn't "coachable" in my eyes. Such a player is as soft as a 6'9" dude that can't dunk.

Yes. That is the post I meant to quote. You may think he is soft, but I think it will be proven that he will have many options. IMO it is a big loss.

The loss of Cav is bigger than a lot of you are giving it credit for, but who knows if we'll get somebody better to replace him with his scholarship.

I do agree it doesn't much matter though because even if he's worth three wins (which he isn't) that doesn't matter for next season.

That's not a great resume. #38 PF in his class?

And this is better as a replacement ?

As a senior at Kestrel Heights High School in Durham, Leonard averaged 16.9 points and 11 rebounds while leading his team to a 37-7 record in 2009-10… Rated the 35th best senior in the state of North Carolina by the Charlotte Observer and ranked the 118th-best power forward in the country by ESPN.com… Cousin of Donald Williams, MVP of the 1993 Final Four while leading North Carolina to the national championship... Full name is Darius Devon Leonard… Son of Vicki Dunn and David Leonard… Has three brothers, Jay, Travis and Travion… Played for Carolina Cobras AAU program… Sport management/communication major.

The loss of Cav is bigger than a lot of you are giving it credit for, but who knows if we'll get somebody better to replace him with his scholarship.

I do agree it doesn't much matter though because even if he's worth three wins (which he isn't) that doesn't matter for next season.

There's no question that losing him hurts, but as numbers says, it's not like we were going to be good this year anyway. The league is stronger. We didn't add a post player and we lost almost all of our very meager three point shooting.

Congrats to Cav for coming a long way from that Clemson game his freshman year. I wasn't sure he would ever recover from that.

He's the kind of player who would have been a nice complementary piece to a decent team in two years.

From all reports he was a good guy; best wishes to him.

I'll never understand the obsession with pulling up old high school recruiting rankings for guys who have been playing college ball for 2+ years. Or in Leonard's case, 4+ years. By that logic I'm sure we'll be hanging Ty Walker's jersey in the rafters any day now.

I'll never understand the obsession with pulling up old high school recruiting rankings for guys who have been playing college ball for 2+ years. Or in Leonard's case, 4+ years. By that logic I'm sure we'll be hanging Ty Walker's jersey in the rafters any day now.

In this case it's quite easy to understand since his....burp....college stats at....hee-cup....Campbell are less thrilling than his HS resume'. But not to worry....we're better off with him than Cav....sure.

How is there more hand wringing about Cavanaugh transferring than when basically the same player (Derosiers) transferred a few years ago?

Both players leaving meant fuck all for the program.

Agree with dv7. I've seen enough of these pasty yankee carpetbaggers on our team. Let's get somebody who can play, who's from the South, where Wake Forest is.

In this case it's quite easy to understand since his....burp....college stats at....hee-cup....Campbell are less thrilling than his HS resume'. But not to worry....we're better off with him than Cav....sure.

Leonard averaged 10 and 5 and shot almost 40% from deep last year. Sure, Campbell sucks so how he'll translate is an unknown, but he put up 17 against NC State in their only ACC game. Never said we're better off with him, but this sky-is-falling stuff about replacing one bench player with another bench player is ridiculous. Their numbers probably won't be that far off. Neither should be starting for a decent ACC team.

Leonard averaged 10 and 5 and shot almost 40% from deep last year. Sure, Campbell sucks so how he'll translate is an unknown, but he put up 17 against NC State in their only ACC game. Never said we're better off with him, but this sky-is-falling stuff about replacing one bench player with another bench player is ridiculous. Their numbers probably won't be that far off. Neither should be starting for a decent ACC team.
Hondo is the stupidest poster on this board, and it's not particularly close

So basically he quit on his team to try and find a school that would be a shoe in for the NCAAT?

"I wrote down my goals -- I want to make the NCAA Tournament, I want to compete for a conference championship," Cavanaugh said. "I mean, I loved my time at Wake. My two years were great; up and down and I learned a lot about myself as a player. But I felt like it was time for me to move on to something else."

"It wasn't an easy decision because I really loved Wake and all the guys and I think Coach Manning is eventually going to do a good job," Cavanaugh said. "But I just didn't feel like it was the right spot for me anymore and I wanted to pursue a better opportunity. I think the team can have success, but I just really wasn't feeling it any more."

Sounds like he wants to beg Cuse for a spot.

Back