• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources: Tyler Cavanaugh Transferring

Clearly, DM isn't every player's cup of tea. Three players this year decided not to play for him. At least two quality players at Tulsa decided the same. It doesn't make them all pussies for not wanting to play for him.

True. Moto's not a pussy, he just wants to play the 3 and he's not going to be able to do that at Wake.

Cav though... Eh, his explanation is a little pussified.

Clearly, DM isn't every player's cup of tea. Three players this year decided not to play for him. At least two quality players at Tulsa decided the same. It doesn't make them all pussies for not wanting to play for him.

450 college basketball transfers last year. Every coach is not every player's cup of tea.

Ok I had no idea you were younger than me much less two years behind me.

Enjoyed listening to RC on Dave Glenn interview mostly regarding Timmy D stories but he's really high on DM. He seemed Very sincere about that point. Made me feel better about recruiting etc...

"...ultimately he did not believe Manning could lift the Demon Deacons to the top of the ACC in Cavanaugh's two remaining years of college basketball eligibility."

Well, no shit. The reincarnation of James Naismith, John Wooden, and Red Auerbach couldn't get us near the top of the ACC in two years.

Tim's senior year was my freshman year.

Sad to hear the pickup games have all but died out now apparently. It was an awesome culture back then. Played more than a few games with LK on the court as well.

Class of '00 holler.

A guy who probably would not have received an ACC offer were it not for (name reacted) is leaving so he can play for a championship? The delusions of youth.

He got an offer from Syracuse per multiple sources.

Are we going to make this the anti-legend of Tyler Cavanaugh?

Last edited:
Tim's senior year was my freshman year. I was a total gym rat, probably averaged playing 5 days a week and occasionally got the invite for the night games with players. It was probably one of my favorite things about Wake. I visited UNC and played their Sunday morning game once and even the bench players acted like they were famous, just being total assholes and threatening fights, shitting on mediocre players, fouling the shit out of anyone who might dunk near them, etc. At Wake you've got Tim Duncan passing up shots to get you open looks and remembering your name in the halls a month later.

Sad to hear the pickup games have all but died out now apparently. It was an awesome culture back then. Played more than a few games with LK on the court as well.

We probably shared to court a few times. I was class of 97 and played most every day (when I was sober, at least).

Tim's senior year was my freshman year. I was a total gym rat, probably averaged playing 5 days a week and occasionally got the invite for the night games with players. It was probably one of my favorite things about Wake. I visited UNC and played their Sunday morning game once and even the bench players acted like they were famous, just being total assholes and threatening fights, shitting on mediocre players, fouling the shit out of anyone who might dunk near them, etc. At Wake you've got Tim Duncan passing up shots to get you open looks and remembering your name in the halls a month later.

I had much the same experience at wake. That was 98-02. Players were all cool. Really fun times.

Man I miss those days!

And to be completely honest, I wasn't even close to being as good as Wrangor and DCDeac at hoops. Those dudes could ball. I was just a space filler.

Cavanaugh said his phone has "really started to blow up a little bit" since word of his transfer leaked. He has plenty of phone calls to return, he said. George Washington, Davidson, Dayton, Providence, Oregon and Colorado have made contact.

Oh, the irony.

A guy who probably would not have received an ACC offer were it not for (name reacted) is leaving so he can play for a championship? The delusions of youth.

He got offers from Notre Dame and Syracuse.

Sour grapes are sour grapes. #burnitdown

Back